Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 SE push?

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    We've got 100+ hours on our '19 SE 450 and we have NO lack of push. That said, setup and displacement are everything. We didn't like the factory preset numbers, they felt like they are really setup for a decent wave on both sides for switching, but not necessarily the best wave available on either side. We run 8.5 deg pitch and 4.5 deg of roll at 11.6-12.0. 3 people in an SE with no additional ballast means you left a whole lot of wave sitting on the table. We run a 3 person crew frequently, but we added 1000lbs of lead to it too and hardly ever run the fuel tank below 1/2. The SE will typically run at a lower bow angle than the SL will. We've ridden a stock G23 with 7 people aboard and our SE setup is sooooo much better.
    How do you distribute you lead out....I’m going to dema a se soon and would like to bring some lead along

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
    So I know this is a Supra/Moomba forum, but the $1,000,000 question...................given the choice between Nautique G23 or Supra SL loaded with the 450 motor for at least $25,000 less (with adequate lead). We surf 90% and throw kids around on the tube the rest of the time. Never wakeboard, at least not so far. I did a demo behind a Malibu 23 MXZ and the wave was great, but the finish out was "okay-ish" but nothing like the G23 or Supra. I didn't like the Mastercraft at all. So it's down to the Supra SL or G23. I honestly can't decide and don't have a way to demo an SL with lead.....1) I don't have lead and 2) No SL's in stock at the dealer here in Austin.
    ChuckB,
    I am not a boat owner yet, have been shopping for the past 2 years and have demoed a few boats including the a 2019 G23 and a 2019 SL400. The SL had 800# of lead if I remember correctly, #250 each rear locker and 150# each mid-cabin, weighted evenly both sides. The G rep said there was no lead but I'm very certain I saw lead under the seats when he was showing me the hinged seat cushions. What I can tell you is that the G surf wave was big and steep. I'm new to this and my kids are young so I will tell you I will not be getting that boat based on the wave alone. It is way too steep for novice riders in my opinion. I think kids would find it scary. The G wake board wave at 22.8 was way too big for me, again novice rider but just sharing. The SL we demoed was great. I didn't feel like I was in an "inferior" boat based on build quality, fit and finish. The SL rocks and I have been dead set on that is the boat I want until I sat in a 2020 SA. Now I'm starting all over again. The SA groupies on here swear by their SA and are super stoked about sub-floor ballast, etc. I like the lines of the SA because it looks meaner than the SL but the mid-cabin of the SL is really nice and the surf wave was really good. I had never surfed so didn't drop the rope but was up and carving against a wave that was waist high or better and I'm 6'1. I was more focused on staying upright so not a great surf review but personally after being in both boats I am Supra 100%.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Robert Garcia with Wake 9 would be a great guy to contact regarding setup. Or just watch his reviews of the SL and SE. Should have a new one soon on the SA.

If anyone questions the push of the Supra wave, his videos will definitely show you that it has push for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFu5q3mUj4
    Last edited by Mobius22; 09-19-2019 at 08:23 AM.

I will second that, I rode Robert's SL at Polar Bear last year and that wave is smooth, consistent push, and long! If money was no object I would be into an SL

Interested to see the 2020 SA review from the Wake9 team!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I love his videos. Just wished he posted more of them!

I’m glad they moved to TN and plan to have the Polar Bear event on Norris this year. I’ll finally be able to drive to and attend!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by NWTyler View Post
    How do you distribute you lead out....I’m going to dema a se soon and would like to bring some lead along
    My lead is mostly mid-ship and biased about 100-150 lbs to the port side. The important part, is place the lead and people in the boat so that you keep the ballast maxed out at your desired pitch and roll. We typically have a 3 person crew, driver, passenger, surfer. 11.6-12 mph, pitch 8.5+, roll 4.5 center plate at 0, surfplate opposite the surfer 80-85 for surfing port side, 90 for surfing starboard side. Will typically run about .2 mph faster on the starboard side.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)