Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 SE push?

Default 2019 SE push?

I was ready to order a 2020 SL450 after my wife tore it up behind a 2019 SL450. I didn’t surf, however. Earlier this week I went out on a 2019 SE550 and it was me, a driver and a 245 pound buddy. The wave was not super long AND the push was much less than a G23 I was on this past weekend. I’m not a huge G23 fan because for me, the wave is really tall and tough for my kids and wife. The driver used autowake and he also manually dialed it in. My 245 pound buddy had the same opinion as me with the lack of push. The dealer sold all their SL boats, so the SE was my only choice. From what I have read, the SE should have a better wave than the SL. Any thoughts? Also, meant to mention that the driver was a salesperson who is very knowledgeable and easily did a 360 while I was driving.

I got a price on a G23 and about fell out of my work chair. Needless to say, I want the Supra SL to work out for the price.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ChuckB; 08-22-2019 at 07:08 PM.

have dealer find an SL since you liked them. if you buy an se and it takes a little longer to get the wave dialed, my gut is you will have regrets in the back of the brain.

SL would be a stellar boat...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The main problem is that the dealer doesn’t have any in stock and it may be a while until the 2020’s arrive. Also, I never surfed the SL. I drove while my wife surfed and she loved it. I assumed I would but maybe since I weigh 200 pounds it may not be as good as it was for her.

Anybody have experience with both a G23 and an SL with firsthand experience?

Are you and your buddy good surfers?
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. We are by no means pros, but my buddy is really good...not doing 360’s or anything but he can carve away for 10 minutes without the rope until he gets tired. I’m not nearly as good as him, but can easily ditch the rope behind the G23. I can also have my 6 year old on the board and ditch the rope too. I’ve surfed behind my nautique 230 for 2 summers and my friend’s G23 for two summers as well so I’m decent. The Malibu MXZ has a bunch of push and was a long wave BUT it had a TON of bow rise.

Once again, I love the Supra SL, love the stereo, love everything about it except possibly not the surf wave which is most of what we do. Once again, I haven’t surfed behind the SL, only an SE which I have been told is even better.
    Last edited by ChuckB; 08-22-2019 at 09:04 PM.

take it with a grain of salt as he does webwork for skiers choice BUT having met him and knowing what he did for the tige brand he works and works at a boat until it has a good wave. you can get this out of it if you spend a little time dialing it in...
    http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809067
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Did you have extra lead in the boat?
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

No lead. It was a bone stock demo boat driven by the salesman at the boat dealership. But 4000 lbs of ballast is a bunch, right?

How much would some lead change things?

We demoed a 19SE 550 and I was super impressed with just a driver and my wife. Granted I’m coming from a small wave on a longer board, so I’ve learned to ride a minimal wake. But I had no issues at all with push at 190lbs on the SE and my board. Few more guys in the boat or little lead it would be a monster especially with the correct board to match the wave I think. Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. It’s a big investment so better get what you want and have no regrets

On your demo, what was the fuel level as 80 gal of gas adds a lot of weight. Our dealer filled it all the way up.