Default 2011 Moomba Outback DD

Has anyone setup this DD boat for wakesurfing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to surf behind a 2003 Outback DD. 800 lbs along the engine, 1000 in the rear. Had one of those el-cheapo couches that served as ballast. Really decent wave, but not much room left in the boat to move around.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Used to surf behind a 2003 Outback DD. 800 lbs along the engine, 1000 in the rear. Had one of those el-cheapo couches that served as ballast. Really decent wave, but not much room left in the boat to move around.
    Was thinking I’d go with the stock 400lb under the seat in the back, and two 540lb bags along side of engine, towards the rear. Do you think suitable? Any old pics of the wave you were able to make? How sunk was your hull?

If anything, I would put the (2) 540's in the rear and 400 along the side - with a big heavy cooler full of beer and ice.

Not sure If I have any photos any longer. PM me your email address and I can send them if found. To be honest, I forget how to post pictures to a response.

Most likely it won't be until next week.

My hull was down 2" from the rub rail and the swim deck about 6" under water.

I did find some photos of the loaded 2003 at the Jamboree we had in Tampa. They are on my work computer and I'm leaving in 8 minutes. Will be back to work on Monday, I'll send them then.

Great thanks!