Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Indeed. I wonder if I have too much weight? Or simply not placed correctly?
    You are for sure over the max capacity of your boat with even 2 passengers, or if you're my size 1. I agree try 11.1 - 11.4 mph. My Makai surfs much better with as much as 300lbs of lead biased the surf side. You may also try using some wake plate in conjunction with extra speed. Maybe try 65 surf plate and 20 wake plate. With your right side mid ship bag only fill to 800lbs. See if that helps..
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Having an issue with a smaller crew. I am able to consistently get a large wave with any crew. And with 5600lbs of ballast.....I ought too.

When I have a crew of 12 or so with full ballast, my wave is really good. I can ride a shim board and land a 360 ( if lucky.) However, when we have just the locals for a quick run and a crew of 4, that is when we struggle. Can we surf and let go of the rope? Yes, no issues. can we pull off tricks like a 360? No.

We seem to lack push at the back of the wave. We also seems to lack compression/hardness/stiffness (if you will) of the water coming from the transom. The wave while is huge it seems Squishy.

Typical settings would be SURF LEFT 100% ALL Ballast, 0 Wakeplate 65 Surf PLATE Speed around 10.7 ( 9.8 indicated)

Perhaps I need to go back to basics, but what should I look at ?

Sorry, this sounds like a technique/skill level issue, with smaller crew aka less ballast the pocket is going to be smaller.

Only options are increase your skill level buy riding and adjusting or adding extra ballast when with a smaller crew.

On my light crew days(just me and driver) I add a 500lb bag in the center, this keeps the wave consistent from large to small crew size.

If you're surfing a monster wave one day, then normal size the next, well ya know.. lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

+1 for more speed! I just switched to a faster board and was really struggling with keeping it from stalling too bad when i inevitably had to slam on the brakes. went from 11.3 to 11.7 and it's like night and day. I was near the point of, "Why do I even enjoy this?" before the change and now i'm all, "Is it lake time yet?!" again!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Agree with what’s been said, but I’d also try less surf plate. I run similar weight and run the surf plate at 45 for surfing port, speed at 11.5. My old boats had always worked best at 10.5-10.7 so took me a while to realize my max is best at 11.5ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    +1 for more speed! I just switched to a faster board and was really struggling with keeping it from stalling too bad when i inevitably had to slam on the brakes. went from 11.3 to 11.7 and it's like night and day. I was near the point of, "Why do I even enjoy this?" before the change and now i'm all, "Is it lake time yet?!" again!
    .2 mph can make a huge difference..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    That's my guess.. where are you located? You may be running too much tab as.. try it at like 90, then work your way down to 25, upper end and lower end will suck, but you'll find a great wave in there somewhere. It also seems you are not listing the boat at all. Fill the 1100 surf side sack full. The other 1100 about half or less. Orient your passengers biased to the surf side as well.
    Located in the Seattle area.

We do surf with passengers on the surf side. I don't feel lack of listing is the issue. I do find it difficult to tell what changes as sometimes there are no visual differences. If I go as low as 90 in the past that produced -.15 list, but its worth a shot to try again.
    On that note would it be better to take out all the surf plate and then reduce the ballast and then add it back in? Hell maybe I should yank the 1100s out and just try the 1200s in the rear? Damned if you do and Damned if you dont. In Stock config, there is not much wave at all. Clearly the Max needs more weight. It would be great to find that sweet spot with lower weight because I have to be burning 12gal/hr with my current set up.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I surf 11.6-11.7...when I slow it down to 11-11.2 it feels like I am going sooooo slow! The push in the back of the wave is much more mushy when I slow the boat down, very easy to bury the front of the board when trying to pump from the back pocket to generate speed down the line to do airs and shuvits. The push in the front pocket closer to the swim deck is fine still at slower speeds, it only seems to affect the back pocket when I slow speed down.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I surf 11.6-11.7...when I slow it down to 11-11.2 it feels like I am going sooooo slow! The push in the back of the wave is much more mushy when I slow the boat down, very easy to bury the front of the board when trying to pump from the back pocket to generate speed down the line to do airs and shuvits. The push in the front pocket closer to the swim deck is fine still at slower speeds, it only seems to affect the back pocket when I slow speed down.

10.2 indidated on mine seems like wakeboard speed. I think my speedo is off, but I will try less ballast and more speed and see how that goes.
    2019 MAX

Bring her to Lake Stevens. We can get it figured out. 12GPH holy shit what prop are you using?
    Last edited by Arcadyus; 08-20-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    Bring her to Lake Stevens. We can get it figured out. 12GPH holy shit what prop are you using?

Its the 2419!! I have never seen a gas gauge drop faster in anything in my life.
    2019 MAX