Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you can afford a Supra, get the Supra.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm working on it!
    Thanks - D

    Boatless but not hopeless!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewbFam5 View Post
    I'm working on it!
    I know of a decked out 18 SA 400 that might be for sale for right at $100k
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 180sr3, sold

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    We put 37% down on our Mojo and financed the rest for 12 years. This was only possible for use because we used our old boats equity to come up with the 37%. I would have financed longer but my wife vetoed it. IMO finance 15-20 years and then just pay extra if you can to get it paid off early. I don't like the idea of tying up all my monthly income in mandatory debt spending. If you finance for a long term and some kind of emergency happens you can pay the minimum payment while you work through your situation or try to sell the boat and if times are good and you have some level of self discipline then you can always double up or triple your payments to avoid interest. If you finance for like 5-10 years you can get in a bind quick if life throws you a curve ball.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    The credit union I use was 4% for marine loans at the time.

    Same rate from 1-20 years. I opted for 20 and simply make it extra payments directed towards principle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boykie View Post
    Is this your first boat? How old are your kids? We’ve been looking at a Supra Sl and Nautique G23 - also our first boat. But we have now decided that given it is our first boat we are now looking at a Moomba Max or Mojo to make sure the kids enjoy it and the wife and I like it before forking our $130K+.
    I don’t consider 4.5-5% cheap financing - that would be sub3% which I don’t think you can get on a boat financing today, otherwise I would rather just pay cash.
    I'll tell you guys, after having our first season (and 83 hours so far) under our belt, any wakeboat as a first boat is a shit ton of work. But also awesome.

    The work part, what I mean is that you're learning new boater stuff: driving, trailering, storage, fixing, etc. and then on top of all that, you're also worrying about weight distribution, wake and wave size and cleanliness, towing riders, etc. You're also buying all the basic boat stuff + all the boards and ropes so the startup cost is also higher and there's more to worry about. I'm so glad we did it but it's easily double the amount of work vs if you bought a regular boat as your first boat. Just be ready for that.

    We were in your shoes, tempted by a G21 or SA...but chose to start more analog and basic. Don't regret it for a second and there's always time to upgrade. But with all of the above going on, the longest warranty possible was worth it to me (on new Moomba).

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We put 37% down on our Mojo and financed the rest for 12 years. This was only possible for use because we used our old boats equity to come up with the 37%. I would have financed longer but my wife vetoed it. IMO finance 15-20 years and then just pay extra if you can to get it paid off early. I don't like the idea of tying up all my monthly income in mandatory debt spending. If you finance for a long term and some kind of emergency happens you can pay the minimum payment while you work through your situation or try to sell the boat and if times are good and you have some level of self discipline then you can always double up or triple your payments to avoid interest. If you finance for like 5-10 years you can get in a bind quick if life throws you a curve ball.
    Bingo. 'Cash is king' so I choose to keep my liquid and earning more $ (real estate right now is paying out 6-7%). It's basically a rental for most guys anyway, until they upgrade 3-5 years later.
    --
    2019 Craz

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post

    The work part, what I mean is that you're learning new boater stuff: driving, trailering, storage, fixing, etc. and then on top of all that, you're also worrying about weight distribution, wake and wave size and cleanliness, towing riders, etc. You're also buying all the basic boat stuff + all the boards and ropes so the startup cost is also higher and there's more to worry about. I'm so glad we did it but it's easily double the amount of work vs if you bought a regular boat as your first boat. Just be ready for that.
    To add to Mattís point, this is EXACTLY why I chose the Supra SA, out of the box (after break in hours of course) is surf ready with a push of a button.

    Perfect for a NEWB.

    Helped significantly with the learning curve and enjoyment of this boat and sport.

    Can the Supraís benefit from adding lead and adjustments to your preset rider profiles?? Absolutely, but the luxury of being 95% there day one out of the box is huge.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The credit union I use was 4% for marine loans at the time.

    Same rate from 1-20 years. I opted for 20 and simply make it extra payments directed towards principle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ours was 3.9 up to 15. we chose that. credit union as well. they also hold the note on my used '16 'rado we bought. it's at 1.9.

    I love credit unions....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    305

    Default Used boat discount question.

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    To add to Mattís point, this is EXACTLY why I chose the Supra SA, out of the box (after break in hours of course) is surf ready with a push of a button.

    Perfect for a NEWB.

    Helped significantly with the learning curve and enjoyment of this boat and sport.

    Can the Supraís benefit from adding lead and adjustments to your preset rider profiles?? Absolutely, but the luxury of being 95% there day one out of the box is huge.
    Great point! And one I hadnít thought of lol wouldíve been perfect justification for the wife. Iíll save that for future...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    To add to Matt’s point, this is EXACTLY why I chose the Supra SA, out of the box (after break in hours of course) is surf ready with a push of a button.

    Perfect for a NEWB.

    Helped significantly with the learning curve and enjoyment of this boat and sport.

    Can the Supra’s benefit from adding lead and adjustments to your preset rider profiles?? Absolutely, but the luxury of being 95% there day one out of the box is huge.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Haven't been in for a few days but I love this forum because you all share good insight and I appreciate it. I have been into a few others and there is more name calling and chest thumping in those forums than in here. It seems Supra/Moomba owners are more sophisticated and refined.
    Thanks - D

    Boatless but not hopeless!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Name calling and chest puffing is a pure sign of severe insecurity and this forum doesnít appear to suffer from that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •