Default Dealers trade boats?

Just curious if boat/moomba dealers ever trade inventory to make a sale like auto dealers? Let’s say the Moomba dealer on my lake in VA has a 2019 Mojo but I don’t like the color yet another dealer in GA had a 2019 Mojo in the color I like. Will they trade so my Va dealer can sell me the mojo? I would want to buy my Moomba from local dealer so I get priority when I need mx done.
    2016 Sweetwater Godfrey Tritoon 150Hp

Sales people will make deals with other dealers - but it would depend. Not sure about trading boats.

For example, assume a dealer in the north has a lot of 2019 inventory and do not want to carry it over. A dealer in the south may be able to get one of those stock boats from the north dealer. The dealer in the north will have Expense of: Invoice Cost + Prep Costs (batteries, speakers, labor, etc)

But if you have a dealer that has a 2019 and feels it's a very desirable boat, good market, they are selling boats, etc, they would be LESS willing to deal that boat to someone else.

Most dealers want to dump 19s since the 20s are out and the boating season is winding down. You stand a good chance to ask.
    2018 Supra SL400

Never hurts to ask. They want to sell boats, not have them sit on their lot after the 20s came out.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

my experience...
    last new boat I bought was at a different dealer. my dealer paid a grand to have the other dealer release the boat. I know it wasn't listed in the msrp or build sheet but I know that my dealer didn't eat the entire grand. I'm sure I paid part of it. end of the day I got a killer deal on the boat and felt good walking away so it was a win all the way around.

I do not believe that this is the case in all situations.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

OP, If the boat is exactly what you want, I am sure you would be willing to pay a couple thousand extra to make the deal happen AND have the best dealer situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Just go get it. Antitrust laws would prevent a dealer from charging someone just for the ability to purchase it. Servicing may be an issue but deal with that when the time comes. I have purchased many times this way with no issues at all.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Just go get it. Antitrust laws would prevent a dealer from charging someone just for the ability to purchase it. Servicing may be an issue but deal with that when the time comes. I have purchased many times this way with no issues at all.
    I think servicing is a big part of the deal with all the new tech on all the boats. New boat owners are at the front of the line in all service depts.

Not sure the local dealer can shut you out, but why put yourself in this position?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    there are some dealers that won't sell to you if you are out of territory. skiers and tige were 2 that had pretty strict guidelines when I shopped in '12. MB did but the dealer in portland would sell if you used a "friends" address(buying out of Boise).

if you're paying cash it's one story but if financing that can make buying out of territory much harder if dealers are strict on it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten