Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

So took the Max out tonight and here is how the night went:

1) 900 lbs of lead(600 surf side and 300 non surf side mid-ship
    2) Wave was OK on surfing...but actually worse than my tuned Mondo.
    3) Filled up the 650 lbs bag and had it infront of the bench seat on the floor.
    4) Ran 700 lbs lead surf side and 150 non surf side.

This made it a better wave for sure, but I wouldn't say it was night and day better than the Mondo.(Maybe a little longer...but not a huge difference)

My dealer let me play a lot with it and we tried surfing the Autowake settings with a 9 Pitch and 5 Roll...I did not like that wave at all with those settings!

I would say it is not a fair comparison to the ZS232 as the boat I tested was a demo boat with 120 hours and the family had it dialed! I am not convinced though that the Max could create a comparable wave...I know it could do better than I was able to produce tonight though with a couple days of playing with it!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

In my opinion, your setup needs more weight in the front. I run about 7000 lbs total ballast in my Max. Over 1000 lbs of the additional ballast is up front. I run pitch at 8, factory roll settings. Had an Ri237 owner comment last week how crazy my wave was. He said it was taller than his, and almost as long. Having said that, I’m debating a centurion as my next boat. The wave is crazy long. Just not sure of the fit, finish, and overall quality compared to Skiers Choice
    Last edited by Rush; 08-21-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    In my opinion, your setup needs more weight in the front. I run about 7000 lbs total ballast in my Max. Over 1000 lbs of the additional ballast is up front. I run pitch at 8, factory roll settings. Had an Ri237 owner comment last week how crazy my wave was. He said it was taller than his, and almost as long. Having said that, I’m debating a centurion as my next boat. The wave is crazy long. Just not sure of the fit, finish, and overall quality compared to Skiers Choice
    That’s just crazy. I’m test driving a new Max tomorrow but if I have to add another 3000-4000 pounds of weight I am going to pass on it. I am hoping adding a couple 700 pound midship bags will suffice. I’m assuming you’ve used up most of the storage getting 7K pounds in your Max?
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    That’s just crazy. I’m test driving a new Max tomorrow but if I have to add another 3000-4000 pounds of weight I am going to pass on it. I am hoping adding a couple 700 pound midship bags will suffice. I’m assuming you’ve used up most of the storage getting 7K pounds in your Max?
    You don’t have to add 3-4000. It’s what I had laying around in extra bags from previous boats. Not much storage left if everything is full. If you added some lead to the sides and maybe a 500 lb bag up front it’d be plenty. Most boats need some extra to get a really good wave.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

You don’t have to add 3-4000. It’s what I had laying around in extra bags from previous boats. Not much storage left if everything is full. If you added some lead to the sides and maybe a 500 lb bag up front it’d be plenty. Most boats need some extra to get a really good wave.
    I'm hoping the 2 600-700 pound piggybacked midship bags will be the ticket. I'd imagine your wave is massive with 7K filled! Any video or pics of the wave at full ballast?
    '19 Moomba Max

I can"t seem to figure out out how to upload pictures
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

I can"t seem to figure out out how to upload pictures
    Unfortunately that feature has been broken on here for months. You'll need to upload/host the pic on a site like imgur, photobucket, etc and then post it here.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Demo’d (and purchased) a ‘19 Max today. We had stock bags full and an additional 900 lbs evenly weighted in the middle of the boat. Wave was excellent on both sides (not massive but clean and long) when switching back and forth and I was able to surf easily. Was recovering from 20 feet back. Can’t wait to get the WM’s upgrade installed.
    '19 Moomba Max

I still haven't given up on it...some guys on here have some great looking waves with the Max! Buying anything but a Moomba means that I would have truck stickers and laptop stickers to replace...don't want to do that!

I really like the Brown interior available on the 2020s too!

Glad it was able to perform tonight! Would be excited to see the WM upgrades and what it does to that wave!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    Demo’d (and purchased) a ‘19 Max today. We had stock bags full and an additional 900 lbs evenly weighted in the middle of the boat. Wave was excellent on both sides (not massive but clean and long) when switching back and forth and I was able to surf easily. Was recovering from 20 feet back. Can’t wait to get the WM’s upgrade installed.
    Congrats on the new boat!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018