Default Sound in a new Makai order

What would you do? The factory build options for adding 2 bow speakers, sub and amp, and 2 Wetsounds 10" tower speakers cost $3250 (2019 build prices) vs $550 for wiring and amp for tower speaker. The sub I saw in the local dealer's Makai was free air behind the dash, which I know is not ideal.

Is the tower pre-wired for speakers without ordering the $550 option?
    What are the components the factory actually installs in these packages?
    Is it worth it to do the factory stuff, vs adding it later? One advantage is getting the cost built into the financing.
    If you were going to replicate the factory install, with maybe slightly better components, what would you use?
    2019 Supra SL450

I’d install it myself. As long as the tower is prewired, which they are, it’s easy to do if you know anything about installing stereos. You can definitely save money there.

If you don’t know WTF you’re doing, and don’t want the hassle, pay for the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I'm paying for it to be done on ours. I'll add a box to the sub as others have done. While I know I can save some $ doing it all myself, as I have always done on my previous boats, this time just isn't worth it to me. Ordering it exactly how I want it so its ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I’d install it myself. As long as the tower is prewired, which they are, it’s easy to do if you know anything about installing stereos. You can definitely save money there.

If you don’t know WTF you’re doing, and don’t want the hassle, pay for the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I priced out the components, and unless I use the absolutely cheapest version of everything, it's not less expensive to do it myself. That's why I'm wondering what the actual components are from the factory.
    2019 Supra SL450

Is the tower pre-wired for speakers without ordering the $550 option?
    Not if Moomba is still using 16ga. Useless if your aftermarket setup is using any real amplifier wattage.

The sub I saw in the local dealer's Makai was free air behind the dash, which I know is not ideal.
    My understanding, the new helm structure is no closed at the top, unlike past years where the facade was open. This actually allows for a proper IB setup. An IB 10" will have similar output to a sealed 10" with same amp power.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Not if Moomba is still using 16ga. Useless if your aftermarket setup is using any real amplifier wattage.

My understanding, the new helm structure is no closed at the top, unlike past years where the facade was open. This actually allows for a proper IB setup. An IB 10" will have similar output to a sealed 10" with same amp power.
    Good to know, thanks.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I priced out the components, and unless I use the absolutely cheapest version of everything, it's not less expensive to do it myself. That's why I'm wondering what the actual components are from the factory.
    $830 for 2 bow speakers and an amp? then add another $420 for an IB 10" sub? that's crazy money.
    shows amp and 2 rev10's are 2k. then add another 5 bills for tower wiring you're in it 2500 for around 1900 in gear.
    you could do it yourself for less than factory pricing but some people would have no clue what to do so for them it's money well spent.

I wonder how much of the stereo is pre-wired.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten