Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Helix Surf Wave Help

So I purchased a new Moomba Helix this summer and have really enjoyed it until this weekend. I am running the upgraded 1,190 lbs bags in rear lockers and 500 lbs lead spread through out depending on size of crew and who is sitting where...

I come from a 1999 Tige v21 Riders Edition before the Helix and have loved my wave compared to the old Tige, but yesterday I rode behind a 2015 T22 Axis and it was a great wave. The board I was riding was a 4.5' Happy Pill and I was landing 360's, riding deep, and really enjoying the wave. I thought at first it was just the board. I then took the same board over to my Helix and wasn't able to ride without the rope. Needless to say I have been a little irritated since then and am just hoping that maybe I can do more to make the Helix wave better now. I have read a lot about displacement and how that will be the biggest factor in making a bigger/pushy wave. I am debating putting my stock bags in the side mid storage lockers for more weight, or is weight not my issue...any suggestions?

Also the Axis only had 3 people in the boat, the helix had 6 people, 100% bags filled, and pitch and roll good without dumping water.
    2019 Moomba Helix - Upgraded 1,190 rear locker bags - ACME 2773 4 Blade 15" x 13" Propeller

I have 1200 bags in each rear locker and factory bow bag. I run all bags at 100 percent full. Speed is 10.9 wakeplate at 25 percent. Goofy wave is 80 percent and reg is 70. Killer wave. I have 200 lbs of lead that i hide under the seat behind the driver for goofy wave. If i get a regular rider I typically don’t move it. We moved it for a regular rider the other night and it was a monster of a wave. I’m not on here much. If you need more help text me. 7153602012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 17 Helix. I feel you that we had to upgrade all of the sacks. I have stock front and 1100 in the rears. I ride 11.1mph. I weigh 195 and can ride no rope after the upgrades. The wake plate is at 25 and surf side regular is 95. It really helped once I bought a faster board. I have the liquid force “keen” I hope it helps

Ya i should have said I’m 190 and can ride a 53 hifi all day and my 56 hifi has me on the brakes

Yeah I am 205 and can ride my HIFI and SHIM without the rope no problem. I have yet to land a 360 and ride it out, but can get it around and almost pump it back into the wave. My wife can turn them and ride just fine but she is much lighter than me. Like I said the wave is way better than my old Tige, but not near what the Axis was when riding the Happy Pill behind the Axis vs the Helix. I love my boat, just want to get a better wave now that I rode behind the Axis. Everyone is saying the Helix loves weight, so I am debating throwing my stock rear bags into the middle seat compartments. Can I just get a Y fitting from wake makers (I have an email to them as well) and have the pump fill both bags and vent the middle bags to the aftermarket 1190's? I would like to get away from filling/draining them manually, and also would like to not install separate pumps for the additional bags. Has anyone ever done anything similar to this? Thanks for the reply's so far!
    2019 Moomba Helix - Upgraded 1,190 rear locker bags - ACME 2773 4 Blade 15" x 13" Propeller

jcpete20 I PM'd you some wave info for a Helix. AS far as reusing your stock bags, one of them will semi fit in the port side locker but it will not fill 100%, and there's no way you'll get the stock 650# sac in the starboard locker. I have a 400# bag and it doesn't fit in there well enough to fill 100%.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Yes I received your message. Thanks for all the info and advice! Do you manually fill your stock 650 and 400's? or do you have them tied into the other bags somehow? Also how do I tell if I have the surf edition? I think I recall the dealer talking about that but am not 100% sure...

I know the Helix is a different hull than my Mondo...but here is my Mondo Setup:

1) Upgraded rear bags to 1140s...probably get about 900-1000 lbs into them.
    2) 1000 lbs upfront(500 hard tank+500 lbs IBS)
    3) 500 lbs of Lead that usually sits surf side under the seat.(sometimes we move 100-150 lbs up front to lengthen the wave)
    4) I take one of the old 650 lbs bags and have it sit infront of the rear bench seat on the floor.

Goofy
    1. I run at 11.1 - 11.2
    2. Surf Tab at 65
    3. Wake plate at 25-30%
    4. I usually drain about 400 lbs out of the opposite locker to list it pretty hard.

Regular
    1. Surf Speed at usually 10.9
    2. Surf Tab at 60
    3. Wake Plate at 25-30%
    4. Typically I just move the lead over and then run equal weighting on rear bags.

I would assume the Helix will be very similar and i have heard has a better surf hull than my Mondo.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Yes I manually fill the 650 bag and the 2 400s. It's a hassle but I bought 2 pumps so I fill the 650 and my son fills the 2 400s. We usually finish around the same time. I only use all those bags if I have a smaller crew of just myself, my wife, and teen son. If we have a good group I figure out what and where I need weight then go from there. I'd like to tie the 650 to the surf side rear but just haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it and how to properly vent it.
    If you have the Surf Edition you will have a 400# in bow bag in addition to the 400# hard tank under the front floor which will give you 800# up front. If you upgrade the rears you will still need more bow weight even if you have the surf edition. I have 400-500 more up front every trip so I can keep the front/rear ratio correct and get the pitch I'm after. I usually run 8-8.5 pitch and 4-5 on roll. I toggle into Autowake to see my set points but I don't let Autowake take over. I will make adjustments (move people, lead bags, change wakeplate, or surf plates to get the desired result and nunbers I'm lookinig for)
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags