Default Introduction from the Netherlands, Mobius LS.

I allready had this posted in Pride & Joy, but got the tip to put it in General Chat instead.
    My apologies if this is considired double posting.

Since the beginning of August I can call myself an owner of an 2004 Moomba Mobius LS with the 5.7L TBI (830 hours).
    Sadly the first deep water pull on the slalom ski the head gasket blew so the boat is back at the shop I bought it from.
    They'll be machining the engine block this week and putting new (refurbished) heads on, so hopefully I will have the boat back mid next week.
    Our season here runs until mid/end september depending on the weather, eager to take it out while I still can.

As for an introduction, I have been reading the forum for the past couple weeks.
    I live in the Netherlands, so a bit envious at the pricing of boats in the US haha.
    My father learned me to ski and slalom, later on I learned to wakeboard as well.
    Spend a lot of time in and behind his '93 Ski Nautique.

Slalom was a while ago and I've been wanting to pick it up again and do more in week-days and therefor bought this boat.
    Wakeboarding I often do behind a friends 2010 Malibu Ride on Saturday mornings.
    This boat doesn't have to give a killer wakeboard wave, but it has a hard ballast tank under the back seat and an bag in the ski locker.
    But I do want to try wakesurfing at some point, so Might get another back to put in the rear locker.

Some pictures as well of course.
    It is said that this is the original interior except a part of the lookout seat.

To do list for the boat:
    - Jump seat extension and extra seat behind the driver for wet people (when using the tower to pull ofc).
    - Raise boarding platform by ~30mm to keep dry feet and less hinderance if I weigh down the boat for wakeboarding/surfing.
    - Replace cup holders, some are damaged.
    - Replace speaker covers, some are cracked and/or discolored.
    - Replace inspection cover (in floor just in front of ski pylon), is cracked.
    - Replace blower vent covers, they are both cracked. (tips are very welcome!)
    - Replace Mobius sticker by a nice MOOMBA one.
    - Find a km/h gauge to replace the mp/h one with. Found some digital options so far. The boat is equipped with Perfect Pass that is set in km/h so I am managing for now.
    (- Maybe look into to replacing the short fixed wakeplate by a powered one)

If anyone has tips where to source the above covers and speed gauge, please share

There might be an option to put in an used MCX350, but don't know the costs yet.
    What do you guys think. It was running when taken out of a boat, but no other information.
    So might prefer the excisting block with the fresh heads.

Welcome aboard! Nice looking LS!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Welcome! I had a Red 2004 LS as my first Moomba.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Eventually I got my boat back on the 23rd of August.
    They ended up doing a rebuild of the engine and not only the heads.

Have a couple pictures of their work:

They don't seem to be in the right order, but I gues you guys won't mind that.

Used the boat for about 6-7 hours since I got it back, engine runs great now.
    End of season it will need fresh oil and filter (within 25 hours).

Bit annoying is that the temperature gauge is not working at the moment.
    Will be getting a new one, but taking some risk using the boat now.