Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenders

Default Fenders

Mission Sentry fenders vs Babz fenders. Some of the docks we use are kinda shitty. These seem to be on the top of most people's lists. Which are better overall if you had to choose one type?
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

The Mission sentry look nice but I like how big Babz can get, maximum space between the boat and dock. And the Mission sentry are expensive and do not deflate for storage
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The Sentry don’t offer a lot of protection simply because they aren’t thick to keep the boat far from the dock. They would work fine in a calm area or slough but I would not want them for areas where it can get rough or docks where you want to stay away from. If you tie up with other boats it’s always best to keep the distance as far as you can especially if one of the boats doesn’t have swivel board racks. Ask me how I know . The Sentry look cool but that’s about it for me.

I’d go Babz or Exile balls. Exile is running a buy one get one free in their hot deals. It’s nice being able to deflate to not take up space plus they keep you at least 18” away from the dock vs a contour shaped Sentry or even standard 8-10” traditional gender.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

BABZ offer more protection than the mission. And less money too. Also deflate to save room in the boat.
    2019 Mondo

I have a set of missions and they are sweet, but work best tied up with another boat, they are a bit low profile to cover docks that have poles that are outboard of the dock edge.

Example: although poles are here are not this big.

I just ordered a couple exile buoy balls to work with the outboard pole style docks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post

I’d go Babz or Exile balls. Exile is running a buy one get one free in their hot deals. It’s nice being able to deflate to not take up space plus they keep you at least 18” away from the dock vs a contour shaped Sentry or even standard 8-10” traditional gender.
    I believe wetsounds is also selling bouy balls as well. I think they may have partnered with BABZ on them.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I believe wetsounds is also selling bouy balls as well. I think they may have partnered with BABZ on them.
    Exiles are 18” and WS are 24” for reference.

If you don’t want advertising on yours, these are just hippity hop toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-26-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I buy colored Hippity Hop balls off of Amazon that match my boat. They come in all different sizes and are the exact same thing without the advertising and many of them come with a little hand pump to pump them up. I use Velcro straps to loop through the handle and the cleat to keep them in place when tying up to another boat or dock.

example here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I buy colored Hippity Hop balls off of Amazon that match my boat. They come in all different sizes and are the exact same thing without the advertising and many of them come with a little hand pump to pump them up. I use Velcro straps to loop through the handle and the cleat to keep them in place when tying up to another boat or dock.

example here:

I was thinking about these when I saw the exile balls at the dealership. I thought the balls we bounced on as kids were more robust than these. Does anyone use the adult xlarge 30" balls? Or are those just too big? I'll stay away from the missions.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

The 22" ones that I bought are more than enough in my opinion...I see no need for 30" balls
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix