Thread: Mobius LS '04

Default Mobius LS '04

Since the beginning of August I can call myself an owner of an 2004 Moomba Mobius LS with the 5.7L TBI (830 hours).
    Sadly the first deep water pull on the slalom ski the head gasket blew so the boat is back at the shop I bought it from.
    They'll be machining the engine block this week and putting new (refurbished) heads on it, so hopefully I'll have the boat back mid next week.
    Our season here runs until mid/end september depending on the weather.

There might be an option to put in an used MCX350, but don't know the costs yet.
    What do you guys think. It was running when taken out of a boat, but no other information.
    So might prefer the excisting block with the fresh heads.

As for an introduction, I have been reading the forum for the past couple weeks.
    I live in the Netherlands, so a bit envious at the pricing of boats in the US haha.
    My father learned me to ski and slalom, later on I learned to wakeboard as well.
    Spend a lot of time in his '93 Ski Nautique.

Slalom was a while ago and I've been wanting to pick it up again and therefor bought this boat.
    Wakeboarding I often do behind a friends 2010 Malibu Ride. So this boat doesn't have to give a killer wakeboard wave, but it has a hard ballast tank under the back seat and an bag in the ski locker.
    But I do want to try wakesurfing at some point, but we do that behind the Malibu as well.
    Think that the fixed wake plate on this boat will hurt that a bit.

Some pictures as well of course.
    It is said that this is the original interiour except a part of the lookout seat.

To do list for the boat:
    - Jump seat extension and extra seat behind the driver for wet people (when using the tower to pull ofc).
    - Raise boarding platform by ~30mm to keep dry feet and less hinderance if I weigh down the boat for wakeboarding/surfing.
    - Replace cup holders, some are damaged.
    - Replace speaker covers, are both cracked.
    - Replace inspection cover (in floor just in front of ski pylon), is cracked.
    - Replace blower vent covers (tips are very welcome!)
    - Replace Mobius sticker by a nice MOOMBA one.
    - Find a km/h gauge to replace the mp/h one with. Found some digital options so far. The boat is equipped with Perfect Pass that is set in km/h so I am managing for now.
    Last edited by PascalMobiusLS; 08-13-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Great looking boat!. Sorry to hear about the engine problems but hopefully you will be back on the water shortly. You should also post this on the "general chat" page as an intro. Enjoy.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Great looking boat!. Sorry to hear about the engine problems but hopefully you will be back on the water shortly. You should also post this on the "general chat" page as an intro. Enjoy.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at General Chat, don't know if they mind if you doulbe post.
    I hope they'll give me an update on saturday. Requested some pictures of the machined parts as well to share.