Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Max Ballast Questions

1. I was hoping Goose or someone from SC can tell us where the factory Testing has determined the Maximum (or best) Wave Height/ballast ratio is on the Max? Will the Wave simply Get bigger and Bigger until the entire Hull is Submerged ( if it were possible?) Or, is there a point of diminishing returns where you just end up burning more gas and needlessly push water around?

2. I am piggy backing my center bags off the rears which is the standard for this ballast upgrade setup. I am having an issue with trapped air that does not escape. I have the wakemakers bag vents and well... They just don't seem to work (same for the one on the stock bags.) Is there any reason that I should not "T" upper most part of each bag to each other, and then "T" that line into the factory overflow line which will then vent out the side?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I am going to guess full ballast plus MAX passenger rating is the most SC will ever recommend legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Do you have the midship and rear bags vented?

Did you add a check valve to the vent system?

Just trying to figure out the details of your setup to help resolve the issue.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Do you have the midship and rear bags vented?

Did you add a check valve to the vent system?

Just trying to figure out the details of your setup to help resolve the issue.
    (This was not setup by me.)

The top of the mid bag, is connected to the top of the rear bag. (In a loop) The rear bag is supposed to vent out the rear port via factory connection.

This seems (and always has) like a bad design to me. The bags have no way to vent air.

As far as the check valves go. I have some, but have no idea why you would need it. Are they to keep air or water from returning to the bags? What would be the issues in having a system that simply fill up to full and then starts venting out the side?
    Does the check valve aid in bag deflation some how? (make the pump suck out all the water or something?)
    2019 MAX

The check valve helps the bags empty completely, without sucking air into the system via the vent (but still allows air/water to escape when filling/full).

I’ll draw up a diagram of how I did my system and post it in a little while. I haven’t had any issues with air.
    2018 Murder Max

Your’s is a 2019 which I believe is vented different from my 2018. Did the rear bags have a vent hose going from the top fitting on the bag to a hose barb (thru Hull) above the water line so it pees out of the side of the boat when overfilled from the factory?

Do you have a picture looking down into the rear compartment so I can see what’s going on there?
    2018 Murder Max

Sorry. I dont a photo. But I do have this epic drawing I just made in MS Paint.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
    2019 MAX

Default Max Ballast Questions

There is no where for the air to escape with that setup.

Here’s how I did mine, for more details check out this post in my Murder Max thread

In that picture the hose going to the bottom right attaches to the top of the midship, and the hose going top left attaches to the top of the rear.

Link:

Murder Max Mods
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    There is no where for the air to escape with that setup.

Here’s how I did mine, for more details check out this post in my Murder Max thread

In that picture the hose going to the bottom right attaches to the top of the midship, and the hose going top left attaches to the top of the rear.

Link:

Murder Max Mods
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
    This is the photo I was looking for, and how I am going to do mine. Except I also need to tie into the the rear drain as well. Thanks!
    2019 MAX

Here’s how I did mine. Also added check valves. Seems to work pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Max