Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thinking it over more I think I will need 4 check valves to ensure there is no "loop" possibility from one bag to the other. Thoughts?

Last edited by haknslash; 04-28-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Do your bags fill and drain completely? Do you have G6 ballast as well? The only reason I’m adding a vent to the midship is because in the past people said they had issues with the bags not filling or draining completely. How long are your fill times? I know you moved your stock bags to the midship so not exactly apples to apples but should give me an idea of what to expect timewise if you have G6 ballast pumps.
    I've seen those comments, and in theory, I support the idea lol. I just haven't had any issues. My bags fill up tight. I havent actually timed it. I'd guess 10-15mins, but I really dont know. It doesnt seem long. It is G6.
    2019' Moomba Max

I'm going to see how it does without the vent since the fittings and hoses won't be here by this weekend when we pick up the boat. Hopefully no issues and I won't need a vent but we will see,
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thinking it over more I think I will need 4 check valves to ensure there is no "loop" possibility from one bag to the other. Thoughts?

I only have one check valve after the T. When filling I thought the loop would be good because once one bag fills it will start filling the other.

When draining it activates the check valve for both bags. I have only used mine twice but it seems to work fine. I am going out today and I will really inspect how it does with one valve.

Maybe I am missing something.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Plus by having a check valve on each bag it would start spewing water out the side with only one bag full either triggering the sensor if you have 2019 or you would somehow have to know the difference in the amount of water coming out between one bag or both bags full.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    so I am having a few issues. I finally vented my bags after paying a redonkulous amount of money in fittings.

It seems that the check valves do not let water flow out easily. Yes, I have the arrows pointing out. My ports bag will get rock hard but will not vent. I think that is creating a ton of pressure on my pumps which dont seem to be working that well anymore either.

Also, Does anyone know the trick to keep wakemakers plugs from leaking?
    I know this old, but did you ever figure this out?

I noticed mine are doing the same thing. Wonder if it is just the way it is.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

[QUOTE=htfit;351540]I know this old, but did you ever figure this out?

Same issue on my 19 Max. I put check valve right before thru hull, so I wonder if this is why the sensor is kicking the pumps off before it will over flow. I've added time to the timers, bags are super hard, but no over flow...
    2019 Moomba Max

[QUOTE=Karl;351560]
    Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post

Same issue on my 19 Max. I put check valve right before thru hull, so I wonder if this is why the sensor is kicking the pumps off before it will over flow. I've added time to the timers, bags are super hard, but no over flow...
    I figured it out. I am sure this is check valve 101 but I didnt know. My check valve was installed in the right direction but I had the "exit" of the check valve pointed up and the hose going up. So basically water was getting trapped in the hose above the check valve and the pressure of the water was enough was to hold the little flapper closed not releasing the air.

It needs to be installed like murder max did his and have the check valve right before the thru hall on the hose going down to it so no standing water in the hose can sit on top of the check valve.

So just be aware of any sitting water in the lines caused by loops or ups and downs in the hose.

Hopefully that makes sense.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

[QUOTE=htfit;351625]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I figured it out. I am sure this is check valve 101 but I didnt know. My check valve was installed in the right direction but I had the "exit" of the check valve pointed up and the hose going up. So basically water was getting trapped in the hose above the check valve and the pressure of the water was enough was to hold the little flapper closed not releasing the air.

It needs to be installed like murder max did his and have the check valve right before the thru hall on the hose going down to it so no standing water in the hose can sit on top of the check valve.

So just be aware of any sitting water in the lines caused by loops or ups and downs in the hose.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Awesome info. Thanks for sharing!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post

no, I need to call WM. My valve is sticking for some reason. I will it is plumbed correctly.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L