Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    This is the photo I was looking for, and how I am going to do mine. Except I also need to tie into the the rear drain as well. Thanks!
    Glad that helped!

So your rear bags have 3 fittings at the back bottom?

What do you mean rear drain?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Glad that helped!

So your rear bags have 3 fittings at the back bottom?

What do you mean rear drain?
    What is the third port for? Surely it can't be a vent being that low? I thought the vent needed to be on the top? I watched this video and am having trouble with how the mid-ship bag fills without a vent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT8Bd5WkERk
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DerekDavis View Post
    Here’s how I did mine. Also added check valves. Seems to work pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is how I did mine as well. I don’t have any issues with air getting trapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Yea that is definitely different for 2019. Didn’t moomba start using some kind of self burping plug on the top of the bags for 2019? Let’s out air but not water? Wasn’t sure if they put those on the Max...
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Yea that is definitely different for 2019. Didn’t moomba start using some kind of self burping plug on the top of the bags for 2019? Let’s out air but not water? Wasn’t sure if they put those on the Max...
    yes, but they done seem to work that well imho.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    yes, but they done seem to work that well imho.
    Yeah they did a terrible job, wakemakers vent plugs are even worse, you have to bring a huge wrench to tighten them so they don’t leak water. It’s pretty annoying that they don’t address the issue.
    2019 Moomba Max

The 2019’s have the new hex fitting on top of the bags which is supposed to automatically vent. I’ve often wondered how effective those are because I have to cycle my fill to actually get the bags to be full which I can only trust once I see water pouring out the side. I have seen water droplets by the hex vent cap so I guess they do work but not sure if it’s enough to vent. I agree they don’t seem to do that well compared to a standard vent line off the top of the bags with check valve in between the hull fitting. Makes me wonder how effective the 2020’s will be for filling the optional midship bags if they use the same vent method as the 2019’s.
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-12-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

There is no where for the air to escape with that setup.

Here’s how I did mine, for more details check out this post in my Murder Max thread

In that picture the hose going to the bottom right attaches to the top of the midship, and the hose going top left attaches to the top of the rear.

Link:

Murder Max Mods
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Did my venting the same as above with no issues ( will check monthly for air in the bags and almost nothing each time).... but I ran one hose off the pump itself all the way to one of the mid ship rear facing port and then connected the front of the rear bag to the remaining rear facing port of the mid ship bag. If I did it all over again, for the 2018, I would just do what z28 did.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Did my venting the same as above with no issues ( will check monthly for air in the bags and almost nothing each time).... but I ran one hose off the pump itself all the way to one of the mid ship rear facing port and then connected the front of the rear bag to the remaining rear facing port of the mid ship bag. If I did it all over again, for the 2018, I would just do what z28 did.
    Well shit I really screwed up tonight. Wakewakers sold me 1 1/8" hoses and coupling to connect to the 2 bags together and 4- 1 1/8" "T" fittings and 2- 1 1/8" "Y" fittings just because.

What I didn't notice is that the current outflow is only 1" and I cut it! In short now I need a 1"X 1 1/8 X 1" T connector to link the 2 different size tubings together. But flow-rite does not make them. Ideas?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Heat gun. You can get a 1” hose on a 1 1/8” barbed fitting if you heat the hose up quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold