Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Well shit I really screwed up tonight. Wakewakers sold me 1 1/8" hoses and coupling to connect to the 2 bags together and 4- 1 1/8" "T" fittings and 2- 1 1/8" "Y" fittings just because.

What I didn't notice is that the current outflow is only 1" and I cut it! In short now I need a 1"X 1 1/8 X 1" T connector to link the 2 different size tubings together. But flow-rite does not make them. Ideas?
    Just use a blow dryer (put it right on the grate practically for 30-60 seconds) to heat up the 1” stuff (wear gloves). I was soooooo naive going in that I didn’t know 1 1/8” hose existed as wakemakers was sold out. So basically I have 1” tubing on all my 1 1/8” quick connects and flow rites. Huge pain in the ass and a bitch to get them on but doable.

Didn’t find that out until I added the connections between bags a month later. Went on line to order and there was magically 1 1/8” hose available. Cursed that wakemakers salesman to hell. It all worked out, but probably took an additional 3 hours and using a blow dryer in a ballast compartment in August in Texas inside a marina dry shed was miserable. Honestly, never had I sweated so much in my life. Looking back, maybe wasn’t that safe to do alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Heat gun. You can get a 1” hose on a 1 1/8” barbed fitting if you heat the hose up quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Can’t emphasize quite a bit enough. I realized I wasn’t doing it enough until I was half way through and cursing my girly wrist muscles. Heat that bitch up until it’s gummy soft.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Just use a blow dryer (put it right on the grate practically for 30-60 seconds) to heat up the 1” stuff (wear gloves). I was soooooo naive going in that I didn’t know 1 1/8” hose existed as wakemakers was sold out. So basically I have 1” tubing on all my 1 1/8” quick connects and flow rites. Huge pain in the ass and a bitch to get them on but doable.

Didn’t find that out until I added the connections between bags a month later. Went on line to order and there was magically 1 1/8” hose available. Cursed that wakemakers salesman to hell. It all worked out, but probably took an additional 3 hours and using a blow dryer in a ballast compartment in August in Texas inside a marina dry shed was miserable. Honestly, never had I sweated so much in my life. Looking back, maybe wasn’t that safe to do alone.

Sounds like you were sweatin like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I tried heating the 1" with a torch but it just melted. Maybe I will motor to the neighbors where he has power close and try with a heat gun instead.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Heat gun and some silicone spray lubricant is what I used. A pair of gloves helps too so you don’t burn your hands...
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Heat gun and some silicone spray lubricant is what I used. A pair of gloves helps too so you don’t burn your hands...

I just threw some money at it and got some adpaters for WM on the way. I needed some for my check valves anyway.
    2019 MAX

I just bought 19 Max on Thurs, and was thinking about ordering the WM ballast upgrade. Now Im kind of nervous, because all of this is new to me (first boat), and Im no mechanic. Not by choice anyway. Id much rather throw money at someone lol. Id expect a "factory" upgrade to be a simple plug and play. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I just bought 19 Max on Thurs, and was thinking about ordering the WM ballast upgrade. Now Im kind of nervous, because all of this is new to me (first boat), and Im no mechanic. Not by choice anyway. Id much rather throw money at someone lol. Id expect a "factory" upgrade to be a simple plug and play. Ugh
    It is not that big of a deal. They only thing you need to do is drill through holes for the midship bags. Folk here can walk you though it. To be honest, you're gonna need them anyway.
    2019 MAX

It is not that big of a deal. They only thing you need to do is drill through holes for the midship bags. Folk here can walk you though it. To be honest, you're gonna need them anyway.
    Drill holes in my boat??? That definitely doesnt make me feel better lol. BUT I havent been able to throw the rope yet, so I know I have to do it. Only once did I feel I had enough push. My 18 and 17yr old threw the rope on their 2nd run, and theyve never surfed before. I got a knot in my stomach, since Im the one that spent the 80k lol. All the info on here has really helped. Im running 100% AMP now, with a decent wave. Nothing compared to the pics you, and few others have posted tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Drill holes in my boat??? That definitely doesnt make me feel better lol. BUT I havent been able to throw the rope yet, so I know I have to do it. Only once did I feel I had enough push. My 18 and 17yr old threw the rope on their 2nd run, and theyve never surfed before. I got a knot in my stomach, since Im the one that spent the 80k lol. All the info on here has really helped. Im running 100% AMP now, with a decent wave. Nothing compared to the pics you, and few others have posted tho.
    Did you see this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT8Bd5WkERk
    2019 MAX

I have not. Thanks...I can do that