Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Model

Default Which Model

This will be my first time purchasing a boat. I have settled on the Moomba line. I have a dealer close that has a 2019 Mojo, 2019 Makai, and a 2019 Max. We are a family of 4, but frequently go out with another family of 5. We wakeboard and surf. Would you try to snag a 2019 leftover? If so, which of those 3? Or would you custom order? If you would order, would you do the Kaiyen, Mojo, or Makai? My budget is probably around the 90k mark. What percentage off (if any) will dealers typically do on a custom order? What kind of percentage off MSRP can I expect for a 2019 left over?

Go test drive all of them. The Makai is going to be the most luxurious of the 3, and the Max, the least, as it’s more of a budget big boat. The Max has a massive hull and needs LOTS of ballast to make the best surf wave, but when loaded right it is killer. The Mojo is going to be a great, well tested, boat to go with. I’d see what the best price is on either of them and if it’s in a color you can live with buy off the lot - you will get the best deal that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Go test drive all of them. The Makai is going to be the most luxurious of the 3, and the Max, the least, as it’s more of a budget big boat. The Max has a massive hull and needs LOTS of ballast to make the best surf wave, but when loaded right it is killer. The Mojo is going to be a great, well tested, boat to go with. I’d see what the best price is on either of them and if it’s in a color you can live with buy off the lot - you will get the best deal that way.

If you custom order, can you expect any discount at all? If so, what would % would be a "good deal"?

For a leftover 2019, should I be shooting for 10%?

Default Which Model

10% is a lot on a moomba, 7-8% maybe

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    10% is a lot on a moomba, 7-8% maybe

Where are you located?

TN. I am not trying to haggle over every little dollar, but I don't want to go in there blind either. Some other brands talk of discounts in the 30% range, and I knew Moomba wasn't anywhere near that, but just want to know where to start the discussion. Will they do 7-8% on a custom order typically?

leftover I'd shop the max. new for me it would be the kaiyan or max. 21.5-22.5ft is the sweet spot for our crew.
    not sold on the mojo as the initial hull didn't surf the best in their lineup and I know it was revamped a few years into the model but I'd look toward a different hull that was surf-centric from the start. again all imo......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Kaiyan is certainly worth a look for a new boat.

2017 Moomba Craz

I own the Max which is the smallest out of all 3. Its a very nice size boat for the crew you mentioned, and not over the top on budget should that be a concern. It gives you all of what you need without unnecessary excess or complexities that surely will be troublesome in the future. If Right now I was looking for a boat. I would for sure join the Supra and Moomba FB group and get a deal on one of the Several 2019 boats that are for sale there. I am amazed at how many recent boats are for sale.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

No shit, tons of brand new boats up for sale on the Supra and Moomba FB site.

2017 Moomba Craz

Default Which Model

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    No shit, tons of brand new boats up for sale on the Supra and Moomba FB site.

Dealers blowing out inventory?

I know the local SC dealer just got a ton of 19 moombas in, 4 Makai, 7 Max, 4 Craz....

Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-12-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan