Default Ballast Operating Issues

Hey guys,
    This is my first boat with ballast bags and two of them have issues. The left one I need the most usually will not fill or when it does it's slow. Dealer says it needs a complete overhaul for like $2500, any ideas what I can try on my own first?

Also, my middle bag in the ski locker just fills on it's own when it's not even on. What could cause that? It seems like it fills whenever another one is on and weird thing is the "on" switch for that one doesnt light up when I actually try it.

I hope it's cool to be a pain and ask for help on here. I can fix things but dont quite known the entire ballast system and how it works.

Thx,
    CC

What year and model boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

2006 Mobius LSV, 600 hrs

Ok so you have the sprinkler valve system.

Some of those are probably failing and stuck open or closed. You can easily replace those with new sprinkler valves or convert it to a full reversible pumps system.

There’s a truckload of posts in here about the sprinkler valance upgrades or conversion.

Use the search function and look up “sprinkler valve upgrade”.

Here’s a start:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....on-GIII-system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

stazi is right. that old irritrol system sucks to say the least. it's over 15 minutes to fill an 1100 if you get into surfing and replace the rear sacks.

contact MLA on here and he will get you what you need. best advice is to drill 2 new holes in the hull bottom and add dedicated fill/drain pumps to each sack.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

$2500 sounds steep, but they are probably quoting parts and labor. Many have done it at a much lower price if you are a little mech inclined.

You can buy any new bags from Wakemakers, eBay, FatSac, etc. Forum discounts also - 10%.

For system, you can go the motorized ball valves or reversible pumps or some hybrid, but dedicated lines and new holes for each bag help.

The cost factor is are the pumps: aerator vs reversible.

Bigger lines also help. .75 is stock. They now make 1 and 1.25"

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'm not too bad with a drill and a wrench. Sounds like I'll be trying to replace the sprinkler valves to finish out the season then decide on my upgrade for next year.

I converted mine to the electric ball valve. I think those sprinkler valves restrict flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk