Thread: New

Default New

I am new to wakesurfing/wakeboarding. My family and I have gone out on several trips this summer with another family, and now want to buy our own boat. We are a family of 4, but would regularly be going out with another family of 5. The kids mostly like wakesurfing, but we will be wakeboarding as well. Seems the internet is in love with the Malibu/Axis line, but how is the wave on a Makai or Mojo? I was out all summer on a 23 LSV and a 25 LSV, but now sure how the Moomba line compares. My budget is around 80-90k, so I started looking at Axis/Moomba.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BHask View Post
    I am new to wakesurfing/wakeboarding. My family and I have gone out on several trips this summer with another family, and now want to buy our own boat. We are a family of 4, but would regularly be going out with another family of 5. The kids mostly like wakesurfing, but we will be wakeboarding as well. Seems the internet is in love with the Malibu/Axis line, but how is the wave on a Makai or Mojo? I was out all summer on a 23 LSV and a 25 LSV, but now sure how the Moomba line compares. My budget is around 80-90k, so I started looking at Axis/Moomba.

Thoughts?
    Can't speak much for the malibu axis wave, i have not been behind an A20 since like 2012 or so. I have a 17 Mojo and it does everything I need it to do and does it well. The Makai is definitely a step up with more ballast all being sub floor and some other improved features.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

There's a guy on here who asked a similar question about axis vs moomba recently debating a craz vs a t22, search out that one. I've sat in a '20 t23 and a' 20 mojo recently and I can tell you even though I'm more a fan of axis than most on here, the t23 didn't give me much reason to want to trade my '16 mojo, the '20 mojo, almost but not quite. Moomba continues to be better with fit and finish.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

There are some big fans on here of both of those boats.

If you are on social media, try the Supra Moomba Facebook page. Lots of pics and discussions on both boats. Good place for looking at ones for sale.

At your budget, you will get a nice Moomba.

New boats will need some setup.
    1-2 years old are probably dialed in.

knoxmojo on here has owned both.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

my cousin had 2 bu's and sole reason for buying them was one of the best lower speed wakeboard waves around. he said the surf wave was not the best but none of his family are pro surfers so didn't really need the absolute best wave out there(lets be real, most of the boats today put out a 100% better wave than the late '00 boats).
    he is now in a nautique as he said 'bu quality was suffering and he believed axis to be the reason. he had a '14 and a '16, both higher end 'bu's from their lineup. they are cutting corners to show profits to wall street and using some of the same cost cutting that axis uses.

personally, if I was in the market for a pricepoint boat, moomba would be above any axis and the new 21.5ft is real intriguing.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

What's a loaded out Kaiyen going to retail for and then what does that decent deal mean, $5k off?
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

I looked at both Axis and Moomba as well as MB when we were shopping. Axis quality leaves A LOT to be desired even with their 2019 interior revamps. The tower is horrible designed. Lowering it requires flipping in the side 'braces' or whatever they are which lays on the seat. It's just a pain to use the tower and takes two people. The Moomba I have is much nicer feeling and feels more inline with the price than the Axis does. Lots of plastic in the Axis and screws. Just wasn't feeling it. Liked the MB Sports but dealer is only one in the state, hours away and just wasn't impressed with his shop to feel confident dropping money on a boat like these unless dealer support was great. So that's why we always came back to the Moomba/Skiers Choice brand. Couldn't afford the nice Supra's but my Moomba feels and looks very nice and they are made down the same line. Go do a plant tour and see how they build them if you can. Demo all the boats you're shopping and also hang around the dealerships to get a feel for them and their service dept. Don't get into this just looking at a pretty wave IMO. Demo demo demo.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

The new axis tower for 2020 is counter balanced. I put it up and down when I saw it, much easier. Very doable one person.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315