Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^^ This ^^^

2019 started with 1.50. Mid-year change confused many for the 450.
    2018 Supra SL400

I assume SC wanted to do it's testing on this. Many stories and posts on other forums on prop shaft sheer - running heavy boats with big wheels.
    I think it started with the Nautique (G) boats.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 08-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for all the info. If I stay with the SL the 450 will be my pick for sure. Will go supercharged if I go with the SE.

Anybody surfed both the SL and SE?

Depends on what kind of space you need/want. The SE feels much larger inside compared to the SL. On my '19 SE 450, we are running 1000lbs of lead with a crew of 3 to 8. No idea on comparative fuel consumption, but I would guess the SL is better on fuel. The SE runs just fine on the 450 if your closer to sea level, my lake level is around 600.

Properly weighted and set up either boat absolutely kills in the wave department. I like the SE wave better, but others will say they like the SL wave better. Personal preference and all that.

Had a new axis owner on my boat this weekend, after a surf sesh he says "I thought I had the best wave I've ever ridden until I rode this stupid thing."
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    Depends on what kind of space you need/want. The SE feels much larger inside compared to the SL. On my '19 SE 450, we are running 1000lbs of lead with a crew of 3 to 8. No idea on comparative fuel consumption, but I would guess the SL is better on fuel. The SE runs just fine on the 450 if your closer to sea level, my lake level is around 600.

Properly weighted and set up either boat absolutely kills in the wave department. I like the SE wave better, but others will say they like the SL wave better. Personal preference and all that.

Had a new axis owner on my boat this weekend, after a surf sesh he says "I thought I had the best wave I've ever ridden until I rode this stupid thing."
    I think the waves are actually quite similar, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I think the waves are actually quite similar, honestly.

Mitch,
    I agree to a point. They are very similar. But there is a difference between them regarding how much hull is in the water and it does affect the shape to some extent. More to the point, I have my SE setup how I want it, so I prefer that wave. I have ridden carfanatic's (Brendan's) '18 SL and he has it setup how he likes it. So naturally I like my wave just a bit more because it's dialed in to my tastes and vice versa, but either boat set up properly will not disappoint anybody. Was why I led with Needs/Wants/crew size comments.

If you are making a reference to the last sentence, I said that was from an -->>AXIS<<-- owner. LOL
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Thanks for all the answers. I tend to second guess myself sometimes. Since the boat cost more than my first house, I want to get it right the first time.

Now the SA seems like a great option too. I may have to drive it too. Thanks again.

Can’t make a wrong choice. This SL has blown my skirt up big time. Just a sweet overall package.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    Late year model 2019 with the 450 got the 1.76:1. 2020 the 400 got the 1.76:1.
    Is that your red/black 2018 SL that Atl Marine is selling? I recall you had one for sale at one time.
    2018 Supra SL400