Thread: Spring Yet?

Default Spring Yet?

It's been a bit too quite in our skiing forum here, so I thought I'd get a little winter blues chatting going on. First off, I never had a chance to respond and let you know that I appreciate your input in my previous posts regarding slalom technique and processes. My skiing has come a long way this past summer -- I'm sure that has something to do with the lovely Outback sitting in my driveway. We're into the coldest weeks of our winter here in Charlotte. I'm guessing it'll be about 5-6 weeks before I have the de-winterization performed and about mid-to-late April before the water is ready to resume skiing.

The best part that I am looking forward to is moving into a house that is two minutes from the launch on my lake of choice. I moved to the Lake Norman area and bought the boat a year ago. We quickly found that enjoying sets in glass conditions on Lake Norman is near impossible. However, drive 20 minutes to the next lake in the chain and it's glass all day long (shhh, don't tell anyone). Tomorrow, we move into a house near that lake and can't wait for the warm weather to return!

Anyone have any good off-season stories to share to help pass the time?

Hi Tim: I am getting anxious to get behind the boat as well, problem here is I live in ND. Right now there is about 32 inches of ice across the lake right now. Great ice fishing, but the chance to run the slalom course probaly won't happen until late, late May or June for us.

I just put another ski on layaway, so I am excited about that. Thinking about getting an Air-Chair as well. They look fun and I think it would be a great addition to the family boat.

For now I will try and hit the weights a little and do some cardio workouts and try and get into shape for summer. Last year I wanted to barefoot, but didn't loose the weight I had hoped. If I can get down to 165 lbs (10 lbs I need to loose), I believe I will be back into the condition I want to be in for summer skiing and possibly barefooting.

Keep the rope tight, my friend.

Dan