Thread: Helix Owners

Default Helix Owners

Ready to buy (like next day or two) a new 19' Helix. I'm on a small 450 acre lake in NH so the boat will get used for 3-4 months a year and coming from an older 92' Malibu the surfing is all new to me. From reading the forum here looks like the boat is very capable for beginners and once we get more advanced (and the warranty is over) I can add more items for bigger waves. BIG questions is we still like to Slalom ski once in a while so does anyone with a Helix Ski behind it and if so any pictures an how is it? Not talking tournament here now just recreational but if spending $60k plus want to make sure we can everything we want.
    Thanks for any input

Hey I’ve never slalomed behind it, there’s no ski pylon for it and the wake is pretty big... I’d maybe consider more of a crossover? I’ll see if I can find a pic at speed.

Personally I would look towards a Mondo if you are looking to Slalom. It has the Pylon and is more of a crossover boat that surfs with heavier weight. Not saying a Helix won't ski...but a Mondo skis better.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I’ve skied behind mine. It’s certainly doable but not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Willyourun View Post
    I’ve skied behind mine. It’s certainly doable but not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK thanks this is what I am looking for. I know it is not ideal but spending another $10-$15k is not either.

Or if you go back a few years you could find an Outback V......my OBV (with extra ballast) surfs pretty darn well and I still ski from time to time and it does that OK as well.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Due to where were located and the extremity short season service is very difficult if you do not buy a boat from a dealer. The used boat market here is crazy and cannot justly the expenses for the used boats with no warranty when another $10k or so gets us a new one with a 5 year.

Helix also has a pylon. It pops up on the rear step of its anything like my Max. https://images.app.goo.gl/CdfSsZBcjuMQG6R39
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold