Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We loved out Mojo, solid boat that did anything we asked of it. Can't go wrong with either, but the lines of the Mojo appeal to me.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I just finished the Mojo vs. Makai debate with myself. Decided on the Makai and am glad I did. Initially I was leaning toward the Mojo because it was a little smaller and thus more maneuverable. I read another post somewhere in this forum where the question was asked, "have you ever heard someone say my boat is too big?" So I started looking at the Makai and was shocked at how well that big ole tub could move around.
    It is a new design so there a hand full of little things that are improved over the Mojo such as hinged seats, cell phone holders, in floor garbage, all sub floor ballast. The surf wave is amazing. Never took time to dial in the Mojo wave so I can not give a good comparison of the two. As of today we started dialing in a long steep wave that was tons of fun. If you have not decided yet, I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tabone View Post
    I just finished the Mojo vs. Makai debate with myself. Decided on the Makai and am glad I did. Initially I was leaning toward the Mojo because it was a little smaller and thus more maneuverable. I read another post somewhere in this forum where the question was asked, "have you ever heard someone say my boat is too big?" So I started looking at the Makai and was shocked at how well that big ole tub could move around.
    It is a new design so there a hand full of little things that are improved over the Mojo such as hinged seats, cell phone holders, in floor garbage, all sub floor ballast. The surf wave is amazing. Never took time to dial in the Mojo wave so I can not give a good comparison of the two. As of today we started dialing in a long steep wave that was tons of fun. If you have not decided yet, I hope this helps
    What's up man! Glad you are enjoying the Makai. I am in the market for one myself, and was curious what your surf setup is and if you have it completely dialed in? I keep reading that added lead / bags may be required and the 4000lbs of ballast isn't enough. What are your thoughts?

Could you post your complete setup / surf settings if you have it dialed? MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks again,
    Andrew

Hey Andrew - This is where we are at so far. I have a thousand pounds of lead that's all towards the back. Bags get filled 100%. Tabs are at 0/0/65 and surf at 11.3. We played around with more surf tab and some center plate as well as moving the speed up and down. This is where it seems to be the best. With just three of us it surfs great and only gets better as you add friends. When I was shopping for boats, it seemed like they all needed some extra weight. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai