Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Out with the Craz in with the MC XT21

After two summers of messing around with an inconsistent wave, annoying rattles, constant error codes, stereo issues, dolling out $$ to keep trying to get a wave to push my 240 lbs, and most important our local dealer losing the Skiers Choice line, I’ve moved on to a 19’ MC XT21. With stock ballast, empty tank and two people in the boat I surfed all day no issues. Even better all I had to do was push a button and it worked. Looking forward to how it will do when I put my 400# of lead in it. Before we went with the MC we drove a malibu 21VLX and MLX and nautique 210. Supra was not considered because of no local support. All are great boats and a welcome upgrade to the next level of boat. Just came down to preference and $. The time with the Craz was not all bad, the boat got me into surfing or attempted surfing, of which it has become a summer passion. This forum was on my nightly reading and it will be missed. Adios Moomba Brothers, as I switch to MC Team Talk eventually.
    2017 Craz Surf Edition
    1140 lbs rear bags
    Wet Sounds 10” sub Icon 8’s

I don’t own a moomba, but from everything I’ve read they perform really well and most dealers offer great support. Sounds like if your dealer lost Skier’s choice part of this may have been on them. I think this case may be more exception than the rule.

Either way best of luck with the MC. Glad to hear you’re happy with your new boat.

Sounds to me like you don’t understand the autowake system or how to set up a surf boat. I love my Craz. I get a perfect wave every time out. Just move a few bags a lead to offset where people are sitting. This is stock ballast, 300lbs of lead a few coolers and 4 adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Sorry, that was little harsh. Maybe I should say, no one ever showed you how to properly use the autowake or set up the boat for surfing. I just took a fellow Moomba owner out last week and gave him some tips. It is amazing how bad your wave can be if you don’t have the surf tabs set correctly, speed is off, or weighted incorrectly.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Would you be able to share how you use Autowake? I am still trying to figure out mine. I shut it off most of the time.
    2019 Mondo

Sure thing. There are tons of posts on here, but the best one to read is where Matt Brown from SC posts about the autowake. If you PM me you email, I will give you a document I made up that extracts all of his posts....it saves you from reading 400 pages of crap.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Here are my surf tab, wake plate, speed, and pitch and roll settings. I did lower my surf left pitch down to 7.5 this year. That flattened the wave out a little, but made it longer. I like a longer, less steep wave. Just my preference.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Not sure why it posted two of the surf right pics. Based on those pics, the autowake has not reached its set points yet, so pay attention to the set points, not the actual.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Interesting take, the MC is a nicer boat, but it shouldn’t take another $40 grand to be able to surf well but more power to ya!

I’ve had myself and a kid (totaling 250+) on boards with push all the way back to the curl. just stock boat plus 500 of lead.

--
    2019 Craz

Are you filling ballast all the way? We have a mojo and I'm happy with the stock + 250lb lead wave. I haven't bothered with the auto wake since it was surfable out of the gate but I feel like I should give it a shot since I have it.
    '18 mojo