Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The XT is MC’a entry line, so probably comparable in price to the Moomba. I looked at one but didn’t price it out. Personally, I like my Moomba better than what I saw out of the XT. I rode in a 2017 x25 and it surfed like shit....Because the guy didn’t have it set up correctly. No weight in the front, didn’t know where to set the tabs, etc....it all boils down to learning your own boat. Every one of these boats are capable of a nice wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

The XT is middle of line. The NXT is the budget boat. The X is the premium.

I don't think you will be disappointed with MC. I came from an older MC and still have some MC blood but i couldn't justify the higher costs. And the NXT shouldn't be called a MC. The tower is goofy (still to this day) although improved a tad, but my mondo would out surf any NXT 20 all day long.
    2019 Mondo

Oh yeah. My bad. Too many x models to keep them all straight. The NXT is what a looked inside.....and said nope, immediately.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    NXT 20 all day
    50k all day........

sorry couldn't resist
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I bought my 2016 Craz in July 2016. It took me that summer and the beginning of the next summer to get the hang of setting it up, but once I did it is a snap. All I did was replace rear bags with 1100's. I'm around 300 lbs. and can surf ropeless all day long on my Phase 5 Trident. My 12-year old son can surf probably 20 ft. behind boat. Obviously he's much lighter than me though!! I won't argue that there isn't a better wave out there among the more expensive boats, but unless you are a pro or are doing major tricks, the Craz is a surfing machine in my opinion.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

. Wave behind my Craz.

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    I don’t own a moomba, but from everything I’ve read they perform really well and most dealers offer great support. Sounds like if your dealer lost Skier’s choice part of this may have been on them. I think this case may be more exception than the rule.

Either way best of luck with the MC. Glad to hear you’re happy with your new boat.
    Not offended by your post. The issues I has was no so much the autowake in as much as the effort to make it work and to a lesser degree the small quality issues that $70k boat should not have. I’m really just not a person that wants to mess with anything I just want the system to work and do the work for me. After I rode in a buddies 18’ XT22 and saw the simplicity of the operation along with a wave that I could surf, I was hooked on the next bump up in boat. The XT line is the middle of the road line up of MC, it gives you next level bling and most important a near automatic system. Push a button and go. XT21 was at the right price for me so I jumped, larger XT models, X models, Supras, Nautique not anywhere near my budget. Like they always say an “ass for every seat”. Hell I was in love with the Craz when I got that and the Sea Ray and the Rinker... I’m sure 2 years from now I’ll be in love with the next cool gotta have surf/wake boat. Working on owning every brand 4 down, LOL. Enjoy your Waves, hang loose.
    2017 Craz Surf Edition
    1140 lbs rear bags
    Wet Sounds 10” sub Icon 8’s

Quote Originally Posted by NOMITC74 View Post
    Not offended by your post. The issues I has was no so much the autowake in as much as the effort to make it work and to a lesser degree the small quality issues that $70k boat should not have. I’m really just not a person that wants to mess with anything I just want the system to work and do the work for me. After I rode in a buddies 18’ XT22 and saw the simplicity of the operation along with a wave that I could surf, I was hooked on the next bump up in boat. The XT line is the middle of the road line up of MC, it gives you next level bling and most important a near automatic system. Push a button and go. XT21 was at the right price for me so I jumped, larger XT models, X models, Supras, Nautique not anywhere near my budget. Like they always say an “ass for every seat”. Hell I was in love with the Craz when I got that and the Sea Ray and the Rinker... I’m sure 2 years from now I’ll be in love with the next cool gotta have surf/wake boat. Working on owning every brand 4 down, LOL. Enjoy your Waves, hang loose.
    no pictures of the new ride?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by NOMITC74 View Post
    Not offended by your post. The issues I has was no so much the autowake in as much as the effort to make it work and to a lesser degree the small quality issues that $70k boat should not have. I’m really just not a person that wants to mess with anything I just want the system to work and do the work for me. .
    I know there is truth in this as people are looking for surf systems with not having to mess around each time.

Most people on here like to play around, learn, change, move ballast, and dial in their boats. I was just at the local dealer when a new Craz owner walked in and basically said the same thing about trying to get a good surf wave. Loved the boat, but was very frustrated at the surf wave each time out. Luckily they had a good dealer who is willing to take this person out on the water (again) and teach him how to use the system, make sure it was working properly, and give some suggestions on where people need to sit when starting off.

Loosing a dealer is a major blow on these new boats.
    2018 Supra SL400