Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    WA will tag you for open container in the driver's cupholder though. :-/

I always use cans of non-alcoholic beverages for drinking on the boat. Whether Vodka finds its way into the can is undetermined...
    Not on my lake. They don't care if.you have a couple drinks. Sitting on the sundeck while moving is the only thing they seem to care about.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Well, I do live in WA. But it's 15 minutes to OR and almost all my boating is done under OR law. (when there's 2 states that share a boundry with water like the Columbia river, the more lenient of the laws apply per the Oregon Boating Board). So that means I use WA's law to ride until an hour after sunset, but OR's more lenient laws on other things.
    You sure about that? It seems to me it used to be on a split boundary waterway the laws from your origin (launch) supersede your supposed location when it comes to licensing, BUI, etc.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    You sure about that? It seems to me it used to be on a split boundary waterway the laws from your origin (launch) supersede your supposed location when it comes to licensing, BUI, etc.
    I emailed the Oregon State Marine board and that's what they told me.

I guess I'll have to search through my old emails.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

nevada is similar to other states in that you can be on the sundeck at 5mph but not faster.

I have done some research over the last few days. you have to clip the kill switch to (1) your body (2) your swimsuit or (3) your life vest.
    they consider a throwable a type IV life vest. so basically clip the kill switch to your throwable, stuff down in the corner and legal.

riding on the sundeck(actual verbiage is engine hatch here) is technically legal at any speed if your feet are on the deck. so thinking about opening up the non surfside hatch, standing back there and seeing what they do. "technically" your feet are on the deck
    does sitting on the back for those that have rear sundecks that open on left/right sides not covering the engine constitute a legal move? unfortunately mine have to both open to then open the engine hatch or i'd fight it and see what happens. my old supra had a separate engine cover and left/right covers over the rear compartments.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This was last month last sunset from my boat. I ended up selling her!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post

This was last month last sunset from my boat. I ended up selling her!!!

What is next?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What is next?

Nothing for the time being I’ve decided to start my own business and Decided to get rid of some liabilities. Can’t say I’m upset either sold the boat paid off my truck, boat, got rid of storage and insurance. But it will be another Moomba or Supra in the future.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig