Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So port bag wouldn’t fill at all today. Pulled the covers and saw pumps running but one was very warm, no water, one of the 2 pumps had shredded its impeller. These are brand new, only 2 moths old from wavemakers. What causes this? Defective impeller? IMG_3750.jpgIMG_3749.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JimLevin; 07-30-2023 at 11:44 PM.
    2019 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    So port bag wouldn’t fill at all today. Pulled the covers and saw pumps running but one was very warm, no water, one of the 2 pumps had shredded its impeller. These are brand new, only 2 moths old from wavemakers. What causes this? Defective impeller? IMG_3750.jpgIMG_3749.jpg
    I am not sure but I have never seen orange impellers in my pumps. The ones I have pulled out are green and the replacements that I have put in are green. Are you sure they were the right impellers for the pumps?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I am not sure but I have never seen orange impellers in my pumps. The ones I have pulled out are green and the replacements that I have put in are green. Are you sure they were the right impellers for the pumps?
    Yes, the original was green, newer is orange. Spoke to wavemakers and they said orange is the newest version and backwards compatible with all pumps in that line. Supposedly a little better than the green impellers, green better than the black. See this thread too: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....green+impeller -->> from that post:

Green was the first replacement on the market, then orange came after that. Different manufacturer.
    One is $24 (on sale) the other is $29. Not really a big difference if you have to buy 3.
    Either one is better if you have the orig black impeller - if your boat has those.

There is no difference in performance. People have called Wakemakers on the phone. There was an older thread about this.

The orange is compatible on both pumps. From the site:
    Impeller Part # Cross References
    Replaces Jabsco 6303-0001, Johnson Pump 09-824P-1, CEF 500110, Oberdorfer 7482
    Pump Part # Cross References
    This part is a direct replacement for the impeller in any Johnson Ultra Ballast Pump or Jabsco Ballast Puppy pump that begins with 18220, including: 18220-1123, 18670-0123 and 18670-6127

Green has the same notes, You can get the green with a new 0-ring and lube. Different part #. More $.
    Wakemakers NOTE: The Jabsco Green Ballast Impeller is also the replacement upgrade impeller for the Johnson Ultra Ballast Reversible Pump. Jabsco Ballast Puppy Impellers have been confirmed compatible with Johnson Ultra Ballast Pumps.

Pick your favorite color, no one will ever see it but you. I purchased Orange.
    2019 Moomba Makai

Man! Those are super shredded! Did something get in there? That or something just wasn't lined up at all. But Im trying to picture in my head how they could be misaligned. Not really seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub