Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm thinking this is happening to my 2019 Mojo. The port rear bag is filling without any warning. The Manual toggles are off and the pump is stilling running. If I pull fuses on the the relay will I still be able to fill or drain the port bag? I am equipped with the G6 pump system?
    Vince

2019 Mojo

No sure way to answer as it seems the issue can be slightly different at the relay module sending on what / if anything has friend or melted. Worse case you let the bags empty into the bilge and let the bilge pump handle it.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    No sure way to answer as it seems the issue can be slightly different at the relay module sending on what / if anything has friend or melted. Worse case you let the bags empty into the bilge and let the bilge pump handle it.
    I was able to get it on a lift disconnect the port drain and pull the center hull drain plug. During this time is when I realized the pump stayed on.

Assuming nothing is fried or melted would the other pumps handle the ballast ( with pulled fuses) until I can get this repaired?
    Vince

2019 Mojo

So what’s the fix on this, DIY or dealer fix? Experienced the “never-ended-port-side-pump” today. Any coverage or help for Skier’s on this issue? Happened today when we flipped the port side switch. Pump wouldn’t cut off unless the battery was switched off. Pulled the fuse, Thank you to this post! Put in a new one and it immediately blew it (fuse 2nd from top).
    2019 Moomba Makai

If it’s blowing fuses immediately it’s for sure fried and melted inside causing a direct short. Only fix is to replace it. Should still be within your 5 year parts warranty (some got 7 on boat specials). I think the cause was too small of wire and terminal connections which I think they resolved with the replacement units since 2020 era I think.

Ever since I had mine replaced I made sure to use increased RPM’s during filling or draining since these pumps all draw a lot of power at once through that module.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-11-2023 at 08:48 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So I replaced the ballast relay (behind the port side ballast panel- 2019 Makai). Ballast issue resolved. Easy fix. $400 online. Dealer wanted $1,600 just for the part. Not covered by warranty. New issue is the port side is filling much slower than the starboard. Screen will show 100% but boat will clearly list to starboard side and when you look, port bag about 2/3 filled. Bags are filling but I usually have to manually finish off the port side with the switch. I have adjusted the timers and even done a full reset to no avail. Possibly…did I lose one of the port side pumps (like it was fried/burned up) when the ballast relay died when it was shorting fuses? Impellers are new (less than 1 month-green).
    2019 Moomba Makai

Sounds like you have a pump down or a voltage problem. Should be easy to verify both pumps are running as well as measuring voltage at each pump on that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sounds like you found the reason your relay fried.
    Seems like a pump was going out and pulled more current than the relay could handle, melting the relay.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    So I replaced the ballast relay (behind the port side ballast panel- 2019 Makai). Ballast issue resolved. Easy fix. $400 online. Dealer wanted $1,600 just for the part. Not covered by warranty. New issue is the port side is filling much slower than the starboard. Screen will show 100% but boat will clearly list to starboard side and when you look, port bag about 2/3 filled. Bags are filling but I usually have to manually finish off the port side with the switch. I have adjusted the timers and even done a full reset to no avail. Possibly…did I lose one of the port side pumps (like it was fried/burned up) when the ballast relay died when it was shorting fuses? Impellers are new (less than 1 month-green).
    Where did you buy the relay module?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Where did you buy the relay module?
    WaterSkis.com
    2019 Moomba Makai