Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What have you done/upgraded on your Xlv?

Planning on purchasing a XLV in the somewhat near future, just curious to see what all you other XLV owners have done as far as upgrades.
    My plan will be to upgrade the swim deck obviously and add more ballast if it’s not already done on whatever boat I buy.

Well, I bought myself a brand new tow vehicle if you consider it as an upgrade. It's an upgrade in my life for sure, I just got rid of the other piece of junk I will move to France soon and I was thinking about buying a new tow vehicle since the first time I decided to buy a house on the French Riviera. My old one was causing a lot of problems but now eveything is fine.

You asked for it...

2008 XLV

1. Hydroturf instead of carpet
    2. Hyrdroturf on bow and gunwale tops
    3. Metalflake vinyl above rub rail
    4. Metal flake vinyl on seat bases and sides of playpen walkthrough
    5. Ballast system gutted and replaced with 6 attwood T1200 pumps with 1" thru hulls and 1.25" hose
    6. Johnson reversible pump added to fill/empty 400 bag under port seats and another 400 bag under port bow seat
    7. rear bags upgraded to 1100's
    8. front bag upgraded to gravity games 1180
    9. LED accent lights on seat bases
    10. LED cabin speaker lights with plexiglass rings and LED angel eyes to light up the cones
    11. LED speaker rings on two 10" subwoofers with LED angel eyes to light up the cones
    12. LED Angel eyes on the four 10" drivers for the pair of REV410s on the tower
    13. LED front docking lights
    14. LED trailer runway lights on digital bilge switch
    15. LED front navigation light
    16. LED tower anchor light
    17. Machined tower extention to get wakeboard line higher than overhead board racks
    18. Homemade overhead board racks on tower
    19. Monster Cargo Bimini with bungess added to run the frame w/o the cover and still carry boards
    20. Krypt swivel wakeboard racks
    21. pair of 3 spot (wake/surf/wake) racks off Amazon
    22. Krypt pair of flag holders on tower
    23. Custom surf platform with stainless grab handles
    24. rear ratcheting trailer tie down straps
    25. Fulton F2 tongue jack
    26. Fulton F2 trailer winch
    27. 5 aluminum wheels for trailer with blue lug bolts and valve stem caps
    28. 8 Polk coaxial cabin speakers powered with PPI Phantom 4 channel amp
    29. 2 REV410's each powered with a PPI Phantom P600 amp mono
    30. added a 2nd speaker box with another 10" infinity sub (3 total subs) powered off a PPI Phanton P1000.1 amp
    31. Wetsounds 420sq zone controller
    32. Exile Bluetooth controller
    33. Wetsounds A-link
    34. Magents added to rear lockers and observer doors to keep them from blowing open
    35. all new vinyl with carbon fiber print
    36. Brass fittings for hose connection to manifolds
    37. HDPE custom made engine tray for storage above engine
    38. Bungee netting on back of observer door, underside of starboard cushion, above drivers cupholders, and tops of rear lockers
    39. All cupholder replaced with ones with translucent barrels and embedded LED's.
    40. Front cupholder and speaker LED's on a switch to turn them off for better night vision
    41. Rear transome LED's mounted to perimiter of wakeplate.
    42. Drain plug LED
    43. upper forward carpet partitions removed from rear lockers to allow bags to fill more
    44. 2 extra speakers mounted at rear of playpen locker and in the rear bench seat
    45. wakemakers locker panel reinforcements
    46. Acme 537 prop
    47. pss dripless shaft seal
    48. New torsion axles after mine failed, LOL
    49. Coleman party stacker cooler under cooler cutout seat
    50. rubber stopper added to in floor cooler drain hole
    51. OEM snap on cover & OEM full cover
    52. Ronix trailer guide pole covers
    53. window tint
    54. Ram Mounts suction mount with x-wing phone holder
    55. hard wired power for charging driver's phone
    56. monster detachable tower mirror mount with CIPA vision 180 mirror
    57. 4 port heater (with only 2 hot tubes hooked up so far)
    58. homemade suction wakeshaper
    59. prosport 20 amp 2 port onboard charger
    60. high output alternator
    61. attwood digital bilge switch with T1200 bilge pump
    62. rear achor pole plug in receptical reqired to be a 12v accessory plug in
    63. Box anchor, shore spike, anchor buddy, Danik hook
    64. OEM Moomba Raised lettering & registration letters in matching font in metalflake vinyl
    65. a few gopro mounts
    66. rudder position indicator gauge on steering wheel center cap

I think I got everything. So yeah, my boat's basically bone stock.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    You asked for it...
    A few more bells and whistles, rack and peanut steering and you'll have re-created The Homer.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    A few more bells and whistles, rack and peanut steering and you'll have re-created The Homer.
    You figured out my grand vision!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I’ve actually seen and read a lot of your posts, your bait is an inspiration ��
    You have any pictures of some of the cooler more custom kinds like the over engine storage and ballast upgrades?

Engine tray. built as 2 pieces with 1/4" HDPE and some aluminum angle with some SS Screws. Not all that deep with the XLV, but enough for some ropes, the flag, the throw cushion.... And it's a great pizza warmer.

Coleman party stacker cooler fits great. Lid is notched out on the lip of it so fit under the crossmember of that seat (the part that the braces fit into to turn it into a backrest)

Here's a whole thread on my ballast system upgrade: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....system-upgrade
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I forgot my home-made surf pipe.

The downpipe has since been replaced with an aluminum one that's pressed to a narrower profile. But you get the idea.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....our-wake/page5
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Cooler lid....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Pile of Wetsounds audio equipment
    1180 front, 1020 rear bags
    Full Wakemakers ballast upgrade system with BETTER wiring. I was amazed they shipped with scotch lock connectors behind the switches...
    ebay version of the mission wake shaper ($129 shipped)
    Ski Pylon delete with PVC cap & pipe
    Full carbon feel interior
    below rail custom wrap

This winter will be full SeaDek treatment.

I won't attempt to list the service parts I've replaced on both the boat & trailer. But hey, saved $50K off buying new so there was money to play with.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV