Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you can't use tons of ballast on the axis because you don't want to sink the surf gate. Something to remember. But i will say if you are looking for quality craftsmanship in a boat, Axis ain't it. I love all boats and it pains me to say that, but the quality is just poor. Before i bought my mondo i was dead set on an A20 until i looked at a few of them. If you go axis, look at everything, under the seats, dash, welt lines.. make sure its good before you take delivery.
    2019 Mondo

The interior and quality of materials and build alone would steer me away from an Axis. I test drove the A22 and the Max. Wave looked bigger on the Axis stock for stock but looks don’t mean much for a wave. What drove me to Moomba was the drastically apparent difference in build and materials. An Axis comes with a ton of plastic and a horribly designed tower. Go test drive both and look at it from more than just a wave perspective and you’ll see the Moomba is a better built boat. In terms of fuel usage the Moomba will sip by comparison to the wedge on a Axis or Malibu. The wedge simulates ballast by being a reverse hydrofoil which pulls the stern of the boat down into the water which also creates a lot of drag (burns more fuel). It drives like you have a parachute down in the water handling pretty strange and you can certainly feel it driving both back to back.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Bow rise, bow rise, bow rise...did I say bow rise?

I have 2 buddies that are Malibu die hards...they both ordered brand new 2019 23 LSVs. Great wave with the front hard tank, piggy backs in the rear and an additional 300lbs of lead, but...the bow rise is terrible. The new drivers seat on the 2019 Malibu's (not sure if the Axis have it) goes up insanely high, like so high I'm 6' and my feet do not touch the floor. The reason it goes that high...so you can see over the bow rise. Two other things...no storage in those boats and good luck steering into the side that the surf gate is deployed on...the boat simply does not turn to that side until it retracts back in. It also takes a few seconds longer for the surf wave to form due to the slower deploying of the surf gate.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Bow rise, bow rise, bow rise...did I say bow rise?

I have 2 buddies that are Malibu die hards...they both ordered brand new 2019 23 LSVs. Great wave with the front hard tank, piggy backs in the rear and an additional 300lbs of lead, but...the bow rise is terrible. The new drivers seat on the 2019 Malibu's (not sure if the Axis have it) goes up insanely high, like so high I'm 6' and my feet do not touch the floor. The reason it goes that high...so you can see over the bow rise. Two other things...no storage in those boats and good luck steering into the side that the surf gate is deployed on...the boat simply does not turn to that side until it retracts back in. It also takes a few seconds longer for the surf wave to form due to the slower deploying of the surf gate.
    I was watching a newer Mastercraft X22 surf yesterday and the bow was high. The driver was standing to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I spent 3 summers on an Axis (friends) before we were in a position to buy a brand new boat and we were dead set on an Axis. Love that wave and still might be my favorite wave. We ended up in a Moomba and all I can say is I am glad we are. The wave is super fun but the boat for the money makes me feel like I am in a high end boat compared to the Axis. I have yet to take a wave over the bow on my Max but swamped the Axis in emergency pick up situations every time. One other benefit is that our dealer is freaking awesome to work with. Prestige Water Sports is hands down the best customer service shop I have ever dealt with and that to me says a lot because I am in sales for a living and customer service is key so you might want to think about that too.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade