Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I’m running 1100’s mid ship (fill to about 900), 750 in the bow and 600 lbs lead spread throughout
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    The more info the better! How does the boat surf in chop? My MondoÂ’s wave breaks up when I go over other boats waves, IÂ’m hoping a bigger, heavier boat will handle that better.

I find that all wave break up in chop. This is the Max from a quick session last night. I make these short video clips so i can go back to stare and compare.
    https://youtu.be/HKG2yvcGDA4

For fun, I will add a video of my neighbors boat. We call it "The Budget Boat." It's 2008 Supreme V232 with about 4000lbs ballast and homemade suck gate. Waves are always deceiving on camera, but this is our Bench Mark wave with we judge most others by. The Budget Boat always has a nice wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHazaAs1puM

Our current talking points is whether the Moomba surf plates produce the same quality of wave as the Malibu/Axis style does. I have yet to try my Mission Delta on the Max, but want to try that for fun just to see what the wave does.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

OK. I’m struggling pulling the trigger on this boat!! I really don’t want to get into adding too many things as my wife is already giving me the gears! Lol. In reality, if the ‘19 has the necessary 2 ports on the stock rear bags for midship connection, will adding a couple 550-600 pound midship bags be adequate? I realize the more the merrier, but I just don’t want to start down that road. What is the biggest bag that will for midship? Do I need to vent the midship bags?
    '19 Moomba Max

Yes adding 500 lbs midship would certainly help and gets it to the level of a 2020 Max with the optional midship. Many people run 720-750 lb bags in the midship and have a little room on top of some storage. You could probably fill an 800 in there but wouldn’t have storage on top. Flienlow has 1200 lb bags midship in his Max from his previous boat but doesn’t fill them to capacity. Yes you’ll need to vent them. See this recent thread https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....uestions/page4
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I have Ronix 900s midship and they fill pretty completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Interesting conversation I just had with the designer of the Wakemakers ExactFIT 1750 upgrade kit. He says the stock bags are listed as 900's but are closer to 750 in reality. He said a lot of bags are "over rated" in capacity numbers. The 550 pound midship bag in the kit fits "exactly" in that location and sits about 2-3 inches short of the heater hoses and fills pretty much right up to the cushion. He also said the 19's no longer use vent hoses but an air release plug, that's the reason he has 4 on the locker bags and 3 on the midship bags. Interesting for sure, the pics I've looked at show numerous vent holes on the '19 Max so I'm not sure about this. All this means I'd lose the locker trays and I'm not sure my wife will be happy about that. Apparantly everyone who has used this kit hasn't looked back, the wave is suppose to be stellar. I guess I have some thinking to do.
    '19 Moomba Max

I wouldn’t doubt the bags being overrated. Although everyone I’ve heard from says all 3 stock bags in the Max are 1,000.

Personally I’m very happy with my combination of stock bags, lead, and mid-ship bags, and still using the 3 treys. With how much stuff we take on the boat with us, I couldn’t do without the treys now that the midship is full.

The bags in 19s are definitely vented. I tied my midship vents into the stock vent lines and have no issues with trapped air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I wouldn’t doubt the bags being overrated. Although everyone I’ve heard from says all 3 stock bags in the Max are 1,000.

Personally I’m very happy with my combination of stock bags, lead, and mid-ship bags, and still using the 3 treys. With how much stuff we take on the boat with us, I couldn’t do without the treys now that the midship is full.

The bags in 19s are definitely vented. I tied my midship vents into the stock vent lines and have no issues with trapped air.

This might be the ticket then. Do you have a link to the bags u ordered? They have the dual ports I assume and the stock bags had dual tie in ports?
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    This might be the ticket then. Do you have a link to the bags u ordered? They have the dual ports I assume and the stock bags had dual tie in ports?
    I have these wakemakers bags (45”L x 20”H x 20”W). I don’t have a heater so that’s not an issue for me.
    https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...llast-bag.html

'19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I have these wakemakers bags (45”L x 20”H x 20”W). I don’t have a heater so that’s not an issue for me.
    https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...llast-bag.html

Excellent, thanks. Did you use 90 degree fitting on that midship bag? Those ports look like they're at a downward angle as opposed to on the side.
    '19 Moomba Max