Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let’s talk slamming the Max!!

Looking at trading my Mondo for a new ‘19 Max. I’d love a G23 or RI237 but simply don’t want to pay that much for the 30-40 hours per year I put on my boats. The Max, when loaded up, looks pretty good, but yet again I know I’ll have to upgrade the ballast. What is everyone doing? I looked at the WMers 1750lb per side upgrade and saw the video, massive wave with a nice clean lip. Think I’d go that route but am also wondering about the front? I hear it’s a 1000lb hard tank? Any way to add a piggyback up front or is it needed?
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    Looking at trading my Mondo for a new ‘19 Max. I’d love a G23 or RI237 but simply don’t want to pay that much for the 30-40 hours per year I put on my boats. The Max, when loaded up, looks pretty good, but yet again I know I’ll have to upgrade the ballast. What is everyone doing? I looked at the WMers 1750lb per side upgrade and saw the video, massive wave with a nice clean lip. Think I’d go that route but am also wondering about the front? I hear it’s a 1000lb hard tank? Any way to add a piggyback up front or is it needed?
    The front is a 1000lb bag under the floor and I piggy backed a 500 lb bow bag off the vent lines.

I am running Wakemakers 1280s in the rear and 900lb Ronix bags under the side seat, connected front port is the locker bags to rear port of the underseat bags. I drilled a pass thru in the bulkhead but if I am correct there is already a hole in the 19s. I have an 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    The front is a 1000lb bag under the floor and I piggy backed a 500 lb bow bag off the vent lines.

I am running Wakemakers 1280s in the rear and 900lb Ronix bags under the side seat, connected front port is the locker bags to rear port of the underseat bags. I drilled a pass thru in the bulkhead but if I am correct there is already a hole in the 19s. I have an 18.

Pat if you get a new 2020 max they will already have 500# side seat bags with a panel over them like the Makai does vs the 2019s. So not as much as WMs kit but retains some storage. Of course you can probably get a deal on a left over 19 or wait till boat show deals on a 2020.

My 19 didn’t have holes for piggybacking the midship bags. Maybe the newer 19s do, not sure.

As far as bow weight, I have 400# in lead up there but really don’t see a need for much more unless you have a really big crew. The max really likes rear and midship weight. I have stock rears, then midship I have 300#lead each side plus 730# bags each side. Even with that weight and only 400 up front, my pitch is right around 9 degrees without emptying any ballast in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Deals on 19’s are what is drawing me in. I can get a very well equipped one for just over 100k here in Canada. Going to look at it next week, wife isn’t sure she likes it.

Regarding the wave, does it need to be listed to get a good wave on each side or do the tabs take care of that for the most part?
    Last edited by pat6969; 07-31-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    Deals on 19’s are what is drawing me in. I can get a very well equipped one for just over 100k here in Canada. Going to look at it next week, wife isn’t sure she likes it.

Regarding the wave, does it need to be listed to get a good wave on each side or do the tabs take care of that for the most part?
    The wave is just fine evenly weighted although sometimes I drain the off side to 95% to create a little list. Autowake creates a slight list if you are using that feature.

I am running stock bags with 1100s in the midship lockers. I am now upgrading to WM 1200's for the rear. I also run an upgraded 2419 prop for surfing ( would not suggest for Wakeboarding and for sure no tubing as you will just over rev the engine.)

The Max is a rear weight boat.

Current Struggles:
    1.The Max will throw a huge wave, but I cant get it to throw that "Supra" huge clean long wave. I get low/Long/clean or Huge/short/little foamy

2. Autowake- Kicks my ass every time. It's "auto ballast dump" for me. I cant seem to get the nice wave without crew on surf side, and then AW dumps all the ballast on me. - More testing and tuning.

3. I find the display is extremely difficult to use while underway. Especially for Roll control. I wish there was just a fast, simple switch to adjust the surf plates. Don't get me wrong, its there, just cumbersome.

4. Larger crews- Several times I have had the boat LOADED with people. You would think this would give the optimal wave. It seems to have a negative affect for me. While the wave is BODACIOUS, I am not able to get it all that clean.

That said, I really enjoy the Max. It gives me everything I need in a boat. It is spacious, Comfortable, Surfs very nice and for a new purchase, I feel it would only be bested by buying something "Nicer" used.

Sorry This is more information than you asked for.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

The more info the better! How does the boat surf in chop? My Mondo’s wave breaks up when I go over other boats waves, I’m hoping a bigger, heavier boat will handle that better.
    '19 Moomba Max

This wave looks righteous!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XzVoytUqm0
    '19 Moomba Max