Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Go Surf Assist / WaveControl system on '07 LSV: Love it but not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Agreed, I actually found it easier to use trigonometry. I taped a string to the hull up front, pulled it tight and then tied to something behind the boat right at the height that it touched the corner of the transom. This became the 0 degrees reference point and then using the length of the tab, you can quickly work out the angle of the tab by measuring the height from the string. (I translated that to distance from the swim deck to make my measuring stick for checking angles while on the water.) It's not linear but 1 degree was about 1/4" (around 5 degrees) so it was pretty easy to be consistent this way.

Your hull may be just different enough. On my second attempt, I did exactly as you describe checking the stow and deploy angles. The problem for me was that the actuator mount was off plane just enough that it looked right holding it by hand but it was enough to bind up when rigidly attached. Mark the mount on tape and hold it while someone else runs the tab in and out, if you see the actuator moving sideways on it's pin at all, you'll have a problem.
    Roger that. I think we will get it to work. I will employ the plastic spacers to keep the sliding to a minimum and it will be good I reckon. As long as the binding is not show stopping, they do wear in a bit.

I am not a perfectionist by any stretch. But consistent function is the goal.

I also reserve the right to reverse the up/down orientation of the upper mount to make it fly. That’s a trick I have employed before, cool or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i reached out to gsa and got an email from ryan i think said it should work ok and i included my year make and model 08 mobius lsv? he said send picture first . so who is telling the truth or is gsa blowing me off?

Quote Originally Posted by mikepo26 View Post
    i reached out to gsa and got an email from ryan i think said it should work ok and i included my year make and model 08 mobius lsv? he said send picture first . so who is telling the truth or is gsa blowing me off?
    Send him the picture and find out. I think that GSA works just fine with >95% of boats so his first reaction is "it should work ok". When I talked to him, it took a bit for him to remember the transom on this hull and that was when he said "oh yeah... we tell people it won't work on that one".
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

We are putting it onto this Launch 21 this week. Waiting for some upper actuator mounts that are a bit more compact.

Used a contour gauge to make a shim for the curved hull to create a flat hinge mount.

The mock-up works great—storage up close to swim deck and deployment in the 11 degree range.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    We are putting it onto this Launch 21 this week. Waiting for some upper actuator mounts that are a bit more compact.

Used a contour gauge to make a shim for the curved hull to create a flat hinge mount.

The mock-up works great—storage up close to swim deck and deployment in the 11 degree range.
    Sounds like you're on the right track. Can you get the deploy angle to 0 degrees? That's the sweet-spot for me, 11 was definitely too much.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Sounds like you're on the right track. Can you get the deploy angle to 0 degrees? That's the sweet-spot for me, 11 was definitely too much.
    It will come up to near zero if we start at 11. My past boats fell into shape in the 5 degree range it seemed.

It’s also definitely all in the measurement methodology. I just use the simpleton phone app.