Default Adding Footstraps to Surf board - or not

Thinking about taking an older board and adding these to it for both beginners as well as some long rope stuff the kids like to do at about 15+ mph.

https://www.wakemakers.com/liquid-fo...strap-set.html

My only concern is mounting them - (not a Liquid Force) board is pretty thin to begin with. And I don't want the thing cracking in half after I go drilling into it and hit the water.

Anyone have any experience with a mod like this?

Looks like foils have them and apparently some other LF boards are compatible.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My daughter steals my foil board with the footstrap (foil removed) and it really helps her getting up.

I think you could add a strap to a board but would have to use epoxy or an insert of some type to strengthen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    My daughter steals my foil board with the footstrap (foil removed) and it really helps her getting up.

I think you could add a strap to a board but would have to use epoxy or an insert of some type to strengthen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I added some wakekite footstraps to a surf-style board. Definitely helped learn airs a little bit, but overall i prefer to adjust my feet occasionally so I took them off.

I cut a little of the padding away and epoxied the screw mounts to the board. Worked well but overall not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for with the dilemma of shopping today and leaving Wednesday. Hoping to avoid shipping = 2x cost of straps...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for with the dilemma of shopping today and leaving Wednesday. Hoping to avoid shipping = 2x cost of straps...
    Hey Berg, if you are willing to figure out the inserts, I think I have the foot straps from my foil board that I could let you borrow for your trip. then you can test it out before you make the big commitment. I have to imagine most foot straps use the same sized hardware... I for sure know I have the foot straps that came with our Zup board, LOL.

Anyway, if you want to borrow some straps from me, LMK and we can try to figure it out. I'm going Mountain biking straight from work today (Bummer because I'm biking cold creek out by the Larch Jail, so probably not too far from your new place). Anyway, LMK and I'll see what I have at home tonight.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com