Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Reminder: Never assume they are paying attention

As much as we like to say PWC’s are lake lice and pontoons don’t pay attention, wake boats are on the list of hated watercraft,

Huge wake, loud music etc....

Fishing boats are annoying too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Fishing boats are not annoying until its noon and they are still trying to catch fish in the middle of a nice smooth cove long after the morning bite is over and I have to run them off with my rollers to get rid of them.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

If an aft approaching boat makes you uncomfortable, have the spotter toss the surfer the rope, make a course correcting and then resume surfing. Be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Fishing boats are not annoying until its noon and they are still trying to catch fish in the middle of a nice smooth cove long after the morning bite is over and I have to run them off with my rollers to get rid of them.
    Or during a bass tournament when 18 bass boats jam up the boat launch and shoreline and they set up the weigh in station right at the boat ramp.

And fishermen throw there fish back in with dead or half dead fish.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If an aft approaching boat makes you uncomfortable, have the spotter toss the surfer the rope, make a course correcting and then resume surfing. Be offensive.
    There really wasn’t time for this once I got back between her and the pontoon, especially considering she was a noob and this would have left her exposed, and if she couldn’t hold the rope it would have been game over (some of my experienced buddies who are ready and waiting for me maybe, but it all happened so fast I felt the only option was to do whatever we could to get their attention and protect my rider).
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    There really wasn’t time for this once I got back between her and the pontoon, especially considering she was a noob and this would have left her exposed, and if she couldn’t hold the rope it would have been game over (some of my experienced buddies who are ready and waiting for me maybe, but it all happened so fast I felt the only option was to do whatever we could to get their attention and protect my rider).
    Of course there are always variable, and of course once the rider goes down, you do what you have to do. Thats being defensive. I did not mean that you could get the downed rider back up. My point was the approaching boat you watched the entire time. If its on your radar so to speak, change your course by making an offensive move.

This was not directed at you solely, but to the group as a whole. Everyone can learn something from others experiences.

been in the same situation several times. it sucks. agree that all you can do is aggressively get in the path of the oncoming watercraft.

kind of crazy that you need to go through all sorts to get a drivers license but watercraft, basically anyone can operate.
    said it before but most times this is more of an issue with pwc's. sad that irresponsible 'rents hand the keys over to young kids to "just go play" on and that's how accidents happen.

no one would give the keys to a 150cc scooter to an 11 year old but have no issues handing over the keys to a seadoo that sports 10x the horsepower and the ability to hit 50+mph.

that being said, every group on the water pretty much despises every other group but it's really no different than on the road with harleys, sportbikes, lifted trucks, sports cars, minivans etc.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

This was not directed at you solely, but to the group as a whole. Everyone can learn something from others experiences.
    I 100% agree and I appreciate you pointing out potential options that may help others avoid a similar situation.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Default Reminder: Never assume they are paying attention

And... never assume they are paying

I thought this thread was talking about people paying for gas.

Once had a bass boat almost hit my downed rider on Lake LBJ. He was flying down the lake and at the last minute made a 90 degree turn at about 50 mph. Super scary and even with a hard power turn I didn't have time to get back between him and the rider. Conroe is bad too but I think LBJ is worse since it is basically a river so all of the traffic gets funneled into one spot.

This year on that trip we did most of our riding on Friday or early morning and when we were out in the afternoon we had a spotter on the jet ski trailing us. Sounds like over kill but made me feel better as they could immediately get to the person in the water while I brought the boat around.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow