Default Ballast and bilge pump

Hey guys I got a little prob, I’m getting water in the boat (unknown reason) we think it’s from the drive shaft seal. But my bilge pump isn’t working the light comes on but no water and the center ballast light comes on but no pump. Any ideas? Thanks!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

Check the breaker, twist and remove the pump motor, turn the pump on and see if it spins outside the housing. If it operates, check the housing for debris. Small debris in the bilge can freeze the motor.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Check the breaker, twist and remove the pump motor, turn the pump on and see if it spins outside the housing. If it operates, check the housing for debris. Small debris in the bilge can freeze the motor.

Thanks for replying I appreciate it! Where is the pump located? Also would you have any info on the front ballast?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

I believe the bilge pump is near the v-drive unit mounted slightly off center on the starbord side, at least that is where I recall it being on my '14. Take off your tranny cover and you should see it. Mine rarely pumps water out either but know the pump works. The issue is that because it is mounted off center (not at lowest point of bilge area) and not at the stern (where water collects when underway or have rear ballast filled), the only time there is enough water for the pump to pump is when you have serious amounts of water in bilge.

I have contemplated putting another bilge pump or moving that one to where it could more effectively collect water but that has never moved up to the top of my to do list. For now I have just been pulling the plug and draining the water after I get it back on the lift.
    '14 Mojo 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Derick View Post
    Hey guys I got a little prob, I’m getting water in the boat (unknown reason) we think it’s from the drive shaft seal. But my bilge pump isn’t working the light comes on but no water and the center ballast light comes on but no pump. Any ideas? Thanks!
    I would check the J hose which connects to your water pump. There is a design flaw. The vibration of the engine allows the J hose to have a hole rubbed into it over time. I just had mine repaired under warranty and the dealer said they have had other Mojo's with the same issue.
    2015 Mojo Surf