Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upgrading and considering a 08 LSV

I'm currently riding a 2004 Calabria Cal-Air direct drive and I believe I've tapped out its surfing capabilities. Even with it slammed to the rub rail and a suck gate it just doesn't produce the wave I want. After riding a new G23 this weekend and a Heyday WT-2 I want a new boat lol. How good is the surfing behind a 2008 Mobius LSV? I found this one local to me (https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d...940765977.html) and it seems to check most my boxes. Does this seem like a good deal? Thanks for everyones help.

That's a lot of money for an LSV. I have an '07 I bought in 2015 for $29,500 with around 400 hrs. It's a great boat but you will not be satisfied with the stock surf wave. I did the wakemakers reversible pump upgrade, swapped out the rear 400lb sacs for 1000lbs, and added a 750lb bow sac while keeping the 400lb ski locker bag. It surfs amazing with a suckgate now but it's a lot of weight in a little boat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

thats crazy money it was just over 40 like 11 years ago.. I have an 08 lsv with a 340 and still sorting the surf thing. I am new to it this year. be aware that the ballast system isnt the greatest on it and will need to be upgraded. i did mine with bigger bags and a wake makers up grade kit. huge difference

Waaaaaaaaay overpriced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

we almost bought an lsv back in '07 and it was $42k all in loaded up brand new and that was pre-recession pricing(where no one in boise got a deal )
    that boat is stupidly priced....
    really worth high20's imo.
    mikep is correct in that you will learn to hate the irritrol setup so factor in another grand in ballast upgrades if you are going to keep it.

personally I'd keep looking for a boat with a little more freeboard. the lsv's prior to around 2011/2012 sit pretty low in the water. they added more freeboard a few years before the boat was killed off. if you are set on an lsv I'd search for one of those. should be able to find one in the high30's.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

shouldn't cost more than 1500 to ship but this is in the same price realm and I'd take this boat all day over the lsv for the added freeboard and ability to run more weight for surfing:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....s-XLV-FOR-SALE
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Here is one with a bunch of upgrades:

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa...916218455.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Listed here also:

Loaded 2007 Supra 22V Sunsport
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

like mentioned, the ballast system on the 2008 is SLOW and likely at least the rear bags will need to be upgraded in size to get a decent wave. And yes, the price seems pretty damn high.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have the same boat and same setup. We are still trying to figure out the wave. What speed and what setting for the wakeplate? I have a liquid or early edge suckgate.
    2008 LSV
    Seeley Lake, Montana