Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Best surf setting for my 2019 Moomba Max

I am new to wake surfing, I am having a hard time creating a wave that will have enough push for me. I am 6’2” and weigh about 300#lbs I can get up not problem, ride with the rope, cut back and forth just can’t ride with out the rope I fall right out of the wave. I have stock ballast, 1000#s rear each side and 1000#s midship. 3000#s total. Seems like a lot I am regular rider wife is goofy. Setting for both sides are appreciated.

What should pitch be set to?
    What should roll be set to?
    Surf tabs?
    Wake Plate?

Now I know I have auto wake but it is not creating the wave I am looking for. I see people saying keep the wake plat any where from 0-25. Auto wake will set it to 55-70 most the time. I also see some riders that are bigger maybe set there surf tabs to 35%? I am
    Not sure just looking for advice thank you in advance.

Stock ballast isn't going to make a huge wave with a lot of push unless you have a lot of people on the boat to help. Otherwise you will need to upgrade ballast. What board are you riding? That makes a big difference as well. Most people suggest not using AutoWake for surfing until you get some seat time and learn t understand the system. It is not a "automatic wave creator" like the name sort of suggests but more of s tool to help you understand what pitch and roll settings you like for your wave shape based on the crew or load in the boat. I would use manual mode with no AutoWake at first. What speeds are you trying to surf at? If on stock ballast you may want to back the speed down which will make the wave shorter but steeper which much help you for your size and/or board. Be sure your speedometer is calibrated or offset if you have paddle wheel. There are settings in there to help dial in your speedometer.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Stock ballast isn't going to make a huge wave with a lot of push unless you have a lot of people on the boat to help. Otherwise you will need to upgrade ballast. What board are you riding? That makes a big difference as well. Most people suggest not using AutoWake for surfing until you get some seat time and learn t understand the system. It is not a "automatic wave creator" like the name sort of suggests but more of s tool to help you understand what pitch and roll settings you like for your wave shape based on the crew or load in the boat. I would use manual mode with no AutoWake at first. What speeds are you trying to surf at? If on stock ballast you may want to back the speed down which will make the wave shorter but steeper which much help you for your size and/or board. Be sure your speedometer is calibrated or offset if you have paddle wheel. There are settings in there to help dial in your speedometer.
    Thank you! I am riding a connelly big easy wakesurf board, it is stock ballast. I have gone down to 10mph surf plate at 35-70 and wake plate 0-70 and so much fine tuning. I think the best setting so far was surf tab 35 and wake plate zero. I normally use manual controls. How do you calibrate your speedometer? That might need to be done. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Abc123 View Post
    I am new to wake surfing, I am having a hard time creating a wave that will have enough push for me. I am 6’2” and weigh about 300#lbs I can get up not problem, ride with the rope, cut back and forth just can’t ride with out the rope I fall right out of the wave. I have stock ballast, 1000#s rear each side and 1000#s midship. 3000#s total. Seems like a lot I am regular rider wife is goofy. Setting for both sides are appreciated.

What should pitch be set to?
    What should roll be set to?
    Surf tabs?
    Wake Plate?

Now I know I have auto wake but it is not creating the wave I am looking for. I see people saying keep the wake plat any where from 0-25. Auto wake will set it to 55-70 most the time. I also see some riders that are bigger maybe set there surf tabs to 35%? I am
    Not sure just looking for advice thank you in advance.
    Max is a big boat that needs extra weight to really get a good wave, especially for us extra bulky types. I’m 280 (was 380 last summer) I added 3000+ lbs additional ballast. You don’t have to add that much, but I’d add 1000 lbs. 700 under seats and 300 in the nose if possible.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Max is a big boat that needs extra weight to really get a good wave, especially for us extra bulky types. I’m 280 (was 380 last summer) I added 3000+ lbs additional ballast. You don’t have to add that much, but I’d add 1000 lbs. 700 under seats and 300 in the nose if possible.
    With you addition of 3000lbs of ballast how did you distribute the weight? If I wanted to add 2k more how would you recommend the placement? Thank you again for replying to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Abc123 View Post
    With you addition of 3000lbs of ballast how did you distribute the weight? If I wanted to add 2k more how would you recommend the placement? Thank you again for replying to my post.
    two thirds mid ship, one third nose. I’d recommend starting with the same split for 2000 lbs
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Is 3000# over stock ballast recommended?

Sounds like it’s exceeding the rating of the boat.

Source of additional 3000#?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

SHHHH!!!

I have Stock Ballast and 1100s under each seat probably filled to 850-900lbs, I have just ordered wakeMakers Custom 1200 bags for the rear to replace stock 1000.
    Yesterday I had full ballast and 17 people on the boat. A few of them were at least 300lbs. The wave was not as spectacular (shaped) as you would think. And trust me...We were ridin' dirty but it was Savage nonetheless. On the other hand, with a crew of of 4 the other day, and we moved the center seat forward, then added a 900lb sumo bag sideways. And it was Probably the best wave I have had out of the boat.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Source of additional 3000#?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No clue if it’s recommended. What I do know is engineers cover their butts with super conservative numbers. Source of weight is 600 lbs lead, rest is water
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

What should pitch be set to? Around 9
    What should roll be set to? -3.5
    Surf tabs? 60ish
    Wake Plate? 0

Try:
    Default AW Settings with the wakeplate at 0.
    Go about 9.7mph to start-
    Try with AW=off and everyone sit rear surf side. All Ballast 100%
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L