Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's crazy my AW default roll is set to -0.5. I see everyone else always mention several degrees of roll. When I tried to change my roll to -4 my tabs freaked out, AW deployed both tabs and then I couldn't retract them. Had to cycle the battery off/on to clear out the glitch.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Best surf setting for my 2019 Moomba Max

[QUOTE=haknslash;344838]It's crazy my AW default roll is set to -0.5. I see everyone else always mention several degrees of roll. When I tried to change my roll to -4 my tabs freaked out, AW deployed both tabs and then I couldn't retract them. Had to cycle the battery off/on to clear out the glitch.[/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 07-31-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Hummm.... Mine is set to -3.5 regular. -0.5 must be the default?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Hummm.... Mine is set to -3.5 regular. -0.5 must be the default?
    I was incorrect above and deleted the comment. -0.5 is for wakeboard speeds.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I was incorrect above and deleted the comment. -0.5 is for wakeboard speeds.

Ah so the default AW settings are all set to wakeboarding? Maybe that is why nobody likes AW for surfing?! I didn’t pay too much attention when in the AW settings. Is there is section in the menu for AW surf settings and one separate for AW wakeboarding speeds?

What are optimal AW surf roll and pitch for a stock ballasted boat?
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Ah so the default AW settings are all set to wakeboarding? Maybe that is why nobody likes AW for surfing?! I didn’t pay too much attention when in the AW settings. Is there is section in the menu for AW surf settings and one separate for AW wakeboarding speeds?

What are optimal AW surf roll and pitch for a stock ballasted boat?
    There are 3 different AW default settings. One for wakeboard, one for port surf and one for starboard surf. I believe factory is -.5 for wakeboard, -3.5 for port surf and 5.0 for starboard surf.

If yours came with -.5 for surfing then your dealer or the factory made a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I think I just realized what may have happened. I’ll be honest and admit I have not used or really dove into AW on my Max except for basically turning it on. Last weekend was the first time I’ve ever gone into the AW settings and when I was adjusting the roll I had the surf plates set to center which is I believe the AW Wakeboard display and settings. I assume to set the starboard and port surf AW settings I need to ha e that surf plate engaged on the switch? If so I see where I’ve made the mistake and would make sense why it showed -.5 on the roll setting.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

When you’re in the settings, you toggle between wake, port, and starboard using the menu buttons. Doesn’t matter what your plates are set to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I had the same issue with our 19 Max, not enough push for me 5'10" 260lbs riding a 5'6" Ronix Thruster, port side surf with stock ballast. I added WakeMaker 490s mid-ship piggybacked into the stock rears, 200lbs lead on the surf side mid-ship, usually 3 people in the boat, still not enough push. Purchased and Inland Surfer Red Rocket and now can ride without the rope, great board, rides a lost smaller than it is! AutoWake is working great for me with the factory settings, 9 pitch, -3.5 roll. I did 490s under the seat so there is still room for soft coolers in the compartments, if your not concerned with room i would go with the 720 bags or as big as you can get in the mid-ship compartments. I'm going to add more led weight to the nose and mid-ship to get even more push. Also went to a 15x11 prop for the altitude here in Colorado of 4500 feet.
    2019 Moomba Max 400

Quote Originally Posted by MikebCO View Post
    I had the same issue with our 19 Max, not enough push for me 5'10" 260lbs riding a 5'6" Ronix Thruster, port side surf with stock ballast. I added WakeMaker 490s mid-ship piggybacked into the stock rears, 200lbs lead on the surf side mid-ship, usually 3 people in the boat, still not enough push. Purchased and Inland Surfer Red Rocket and now can ride without the rope, great board, rides a lost smaller than it is! AutoWake is working great for me with the factory settings, 9 pitch, -3.5 roll. I did 490s under the seat so there is still room for soft coolers in the compartments, if your not concerned with room i would go with the 720 bags or as big as you can get in the mid-ship compartments. I'm going to add more led weight to the nose and mid-ship to get even more push. Also went to a 15x11 prop for the altitude here in Colorado of 4500 feet.
    I am convinced the heavier you go with the Max, less roll you need. If you are asking AW to roll that boat at -3.5 I think it is just going to dump all your ballast. At least that is what I am finding. Are you able to keep ballast in?

The Max for me does not like bow weight.. at all. It likes it to plane it seems but not for the huge wave.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L