Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Kenwood KCA-iP500

You mentioned that if you remove the green wire, that the display on the stereo head unit reads "Error 60". Is this only while using the I-Pod or all the time? If you use the radio or CD player does it still read "Error 60" or can you see the display? My boat is still in storage. I cannot remember much about the stereo. Do you have to select "CD Changer" or something if you using this port (for the KCA-iP500) on the head unit?

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Kenwood KCA-iP500

Quote Originally Posted by 06 OB LSV
    You mentioned that if you remove the green wire, that the display on the stereo head unit reads "Error 60". Is this only while using the I-Pod or all the time? If you use the radio or CD player does it still read "Error 60" or can you see the display? My boat is still in storage. I cannot remember much about the stereo. Do you have to select "CD Changer" or something if you using this port (for the KCA-iP500) on the head unit?

Thanks,
    Bob
    The E60 is only displayed while the iPod is in use. When you are listening to a CD or the radio, the radio fuinctions like normal. To use the iPod, you have to use the CD Changer function. I am really thinking about cutting my losses and getting the cable that Joe Techie found. Let me know if you need anything else.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Default PAC iPod Adapter

Has anyone tried this? It is only $30.00 at Crutchfield. Only downside is the cable is only 50" long. It allows you to control on the iPod instead of the face plate of the stereo.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2XuUqiD...C+iPod+Adapter

PAC iPodŽ adapter for Kenwood stereos
    Charges your iPod while sending the audio to your stereo
    Item #127ICKENW

In Stock

$29.99

06 ob lsv,
    i have that product but it terminates with RCA and then I added a Kenwood adapter. This way I was able to put a RCA cable between so I could run from Drivers side under to the stereo. The product I have is from PAC and it is the iC-RCA. It too provides 12v power and allows control on the Ipod. I am very pleased with the sound quality. ( I connected to my home stereo first!)

BW

Has anyone else had success with removing the "green" wire??? I tried it today, and no luck... all I got was an E-60 and no sound. Was there any other trick to this that was not mentioned earlier??? (i did just remove the clip from the base of the plug, so no harm done, i just put it back when it didn't work) BUT if this does work, I think it would be worth while to mod the IP500 with a little switch that would "connect" or "disconnect" this one wire.... this would make the IP500 perfect!!!

What does everyone else think????

Jimmy, which iPod are you using ours is the iPod video and I tested it again this evening and did not have any issues. I would like to find out why mine works and yours does not so that we can put togethe a works/doesn't work list that is more accurate. I will pull the IP500 out of the boat tomorrow and verify the "green" wire. Thanks for giving it a try!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I also have a video ipod... the 80g 5th gen.

Is there a special order that you must do? like have the radio turned off... then plug ipod in... because I had the radio on while I plugged the ipod in and I got nothing.

If I can get this working... I am going to put an inline switch on mine so that I can use the ipod OR the kenwood deck.

Thanks for checking for me.

I never though about putting a switch inline on the wire. That would make it a little more useful to me as well.

I will verify the wire and the steps this evening.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Alright, I just got back upstairs from testing the iPod and everything worked fine. However, I did find a way to not get any sound!! If the radio is already in the "Disc" mode and you plug in the iPod nothing happens...no sound, but if you hit the source button and go to the tuner and then back to disc, it starts playing loud and clear. It seems that you have to have the ipod plugged in and running before you switch the source to Disc. I also tested it with a CD in the player and it worked fine as well.

The "green" wire that I pulled out of the harness was in a 9 wire plug that was labeled CN4 on the circuit board. There is another "Green" wire that I DID NOT remove in an 8 wire plug that is labeled R1 I think. Also, both of the switches on the selector are in the down position.

Let me know if you get it working.

Note: I am pretty sure that our iPod is a 4th gen. Not sure if it matters.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In