Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm also not sure about a red light turning green during the fill. Maybe that's a feature on the 7" display only on other models? I don't recall seeing any ballast sensor light on my smaller screen. I have autowake as well if it matters.
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-23-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I think only the wakemaker bags are self venting.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hmmmm I have a 2019 and I'm about 95% sure my vent fittings are not self venting. I have to unscrew them like a traditional vent plug with the hole/port in the side of the plug. When did the 2019's receive this self venting plug and can we get some from the dealer to replace the standard vent plugs? My boat began production in April IIRC.

In regards to the sensors, my display will tell me I'm 100% filled but the bags are not fully filled. I'm using the default timer setting so what I do is cycle the pumps until I see water come out the side thru-hull. I need to play around with the timers a little more to test my sensors are in fact shutting off the pumps when they sense water and not that I'm simply running short of fill times for the bags. I have G6 ballast and can't recall default settings but want to say it's in the 6 second range or so.

This is what my vent plugs look like on my 2019 Max. Are you saying these should be different? The one not shaped like a hex is a manual vent plug like I have on my 750 lb fatsac.

You been able to get behind that best yet.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    You been able to get behind that best yet.
    Only once so far and with a friend driving while I was yelling for him to adjust speed, smart plate, and surf tab deployment. Didn’t get ropeless yet but once I started to feel some push we went into shallower water and it killed the wave. Any time since then has been with wife and she hasn’t learned to drive the boat safely enough to tow me and we need to get her a boating license. I did manage to make a nice looking wave with a single 750 lb bag last time out but didn’t surf it due to wife freaking out driving while I was trying to get some footage of the wave. Weather been crap for 3 weekends in a row but looks good this weekend so hoping to get a crew together for a day of surfing behind it.

Last edited by haknslash; 07-23-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hmmmm I have a 2019 and I'm about 95% sure my vent fittings are not self venting. I have to unscrew them like a traditional vent plug with the hole/port in the side of the plug. When did the 2019's receive this self venting plug and can we get some from the dealer to replace the standard vent plugs? My boat began production in April IIRC.

In regards to the sensors, my display will tell me I'm 100% filled but the bags are not fully filled. I'm using the default timer setting so what I do is cycle the pumps until I see water come out the side thru-hull. I need to play around with the timers a little more to test my sensors are in fact shutting off the pumps when they sense water and not that I'm simply running short of fill times for the bags. I have G6 ballast and can't recall default settings but want to say it's in the 6 second range or so.

This is what my vent plugs look like on my 2019 Max. Are you saying these should be different? The one not shaped like a hex is a manual vent plug like I have on my 750 lb fatsac.

the plug at the very bottom of you picture looks like the self venting plug that came stock, it had a little paper element inside.
    2019 Moomba Max

My wife is almost through the online boat course. She is also framing out about having to drive while I surf. But idc she needs to learn.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by johnh577777 View Post
    the plug at the very bottom of you picture looks like the self venting plug that came stock, it had a little paper element inside.
    Yep that’s it. It has like 6 little holes in the top and a white diaphragm inside. My rear bags have a couple each in various ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by johnh577777 View Post
    Ah thank you for explaining. It seems strange I will have trapped air in the bag but the self vent doesn't vent beforehand. I guess the paper element or whatever has to see a specific amount of pressure before it releases. I never paid close attention to that hex plug and just figured it was a extra cap for some reason or another. Learn something new in here everyday with our new boat! . Ive just been doing the manual burping procedure on the other vent plug my salesman showed me during the maiden voyage but I suppose he wasn't aware the new boats have the self vent.
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-23-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    My wife is almost through the online boat course. She is also framing out about having to drive while I surf. But idc she needs to learn.
    My wife has horrible depth perception, and i finally got her somewhat comfortable. I am also starting to have my 12 y/o daughter pull me ( with moms help) She is doing good, but over corrects the helm and still can't set the boat up when a rider falls. Give your wife plenty of seat time. Make her dock the boat, and dont freak out when she makes a mistake.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L