Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Max Ballast Bag Venting

(My boat was setup by dealer)

How it is configured:
    Rear bag front ports fill center locker bags
    Center locker bag top "Vent" Port routes back to rear bag vent port.

My Rear bags do not vent out the side boat
    I need to manually vent air when I fill them.

How are the rear ballast supposed to vent? At the rear of the bags there are 3 lines. I assume that 2 are for the pumps, and 1 is for the Venting? Typically in the past I have seen the vent port go right out the side of hull.

Thanks.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    (My boat was setup by dealer)

How it is configured:
    Rear bag front ports fill center locker bags
    Center locker bag top "Vent" Port routes back to rear bag vent port.

My Rear bags do not vent out the side boat
    I need to manually vent air when I fill them.

How are the rear ballast supposed to vent? At the rear of the bags there are 3 lines. I assume that 2 are for the pumps, and 1 is for the Venting? Typically in the past I have seen the vent port go right out the side of hull.

Thanks.
    i upgraded mine with wakwemakers kit, ive been playing around a lot with them since there is no instructions whatsoever. mine get air in them a lot and do not vent well, so open up the highest vent plug slightly until most of the air comes out. then i will turn the fill switch on and off until it vents over the side. the pump will come on if you recycle the switch for a little bit even if the screen is showing 100%

I would like to see how other people use the system
    2019 Moomba Max

Ask this on the Facebook page, sounds like something is amiss, or call your dealer, may have just been an oversight, they should be vented out the side.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

My mojo also does not vent out of the side of the hull. I have the wake maker bags and run into the new vents on the top of the bags not venting well either.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

You should still be venting out of the thru-hull on the side of the boat. But the 2019s also have sensors just before the thru-hull that kills the pumps when it senses water. I typically run mine until the sensors tell the boat that ballast is 100%, and then I flip the fill switches a couple of more times until water actually does come out of the sides. Usually after filling the first time until 100% on the display, there is still some air in the rear and midship bags. But hitting the fill switch a couple more times helps chase that air out.

Of course your dealer could have done something different, but if you remove the carpeted panel in the v-drive lockers, you can follow the vent hose to the thru-hull. It’s all hidden by that panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Hey guys. For 2019, if you have AutoWake, the bags actually "vent" through the ballast sensor. BUT, the ballast sensor sees the water and shuts the pump off before the water goes out the side of the hull. So, you actually should NOT see water coming out the boat, but instead you should see a red light on the dash showing the sensor says it is full. Like someone said, if you keep hitting fill it will eventually override and vent the water out the side, but that is NOT the intention of the system. We want to keep all the water in the bag, not outside.

yes, some air can get trapped in the bags. That is why we use the new "self venting" fitting. It is the grey fitting on the top of the bags. If you look at that fitting, it has a diaphragm in it that lets air slowly escape but keeps the water in. With time, the air will vent, the red light will turn green and you can add water back. Once all the air has escaped the system, by NOT having a venting open to the air, any air would have to come through the water intake and pump impellor. This should keep air from reentering the system.

Hope that makes sense...
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Goose, can you buy those self venting fittings anywhere? I would like some for my midship bags. I’ve searched but haven’t found anything that looks like the ones on the rear bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Hey guys. For 2019, if you have AutoWake, the bags actually "vent" through the ballast sensor. BUT, the ballast sensor sees the water and shuts the pump off before the water goes out the side of the hull. So, you actually should NOT see water coming out the boat, but instead you should see a red light on the dash showing the sensor says it is full. Like someone said, if you keep hitting fill it will eventually override and vent the water out the side, but that is NOT the intention of the system. We want to keep all the water in the bag, not outside.

yes, some air can get trapped in the bags. That is why we use the new "self venting" fitting. It is the grey fitting on the top of the bags. If you look at that fitting, it has a diaphragm in it that lets air slowly escape but keeps the water in. With time, the air will vent, the red light will turn green and you can add water back. Once all the air has escaped the system, by NOT having a venting open to the air, any air would have to come through the water intake and pump impellor. This should keep air from reentering the system.

Hope that makes sense...
    thanks for replying. the stock fittings seem like much higher quality than the wakemakers, especially the vent caps. maybe i should switch the caps over because the wakemakers vents dont work unless i manually unscrew them, after i have to tighten them relay tight or else they leak water.
    2019 Moomba Max

Ok so I’m just making sure I understand everything. You don’t have to add any additional vent hoses on the 2019 because it vents through the fill/drain ones. And if I understood correctly you should not fill until it vents out the sides but rather wait until the air vents automatically through the new fittings. Is there a certain amount of time the air takes to vent or anything you can do to speed up the process? Thank you Goose.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Hmmmm I have a 2019 and I'm about 95% sure my vent fittings are not self venting. I have to unscrew them like a traditional vent plug with the hole/port in the side of the plug. When did the 2019's receive this self venting plug and can we get some from the dealer to replace the standard vent plugs? My boat began production in April IIRC.

In regards to the sensors, my display will tell me I'm 100% filled but the bags are not fully filled. I'm using the default timer setting so what I do is cycle the pumps until I see water come out the side thru-hull. I need to play around with the timers a little more to test my sensors are in fact shutting off the pumps when they sense water and not that I'm simply running short of fill times for the bags. I have G6 ballast and can't recall default settings but want to say it's in the 6 second range or so.

This is what my vent plugs look like on my 2019 Max. Are you saying these should be different? The one not shaped like a hex is a manual vent plug like I have on my 750 lb fatsac.

Last edited by haknslash; 07-23-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold