Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Do we need additional moderators?

The spam is out of control.

25+ right now, lol
    Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yeah no shit. If I wanna see the fight I'm not coming here for the fucking link.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

It really is bad and annoying.

The forum needs an update and much better authentication.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Years past I saw it worse than this. It comes and goes but nothing was ever done for authentication. The initial post should be reviewed. It's very distracting and viewers drop.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

No shit! That is ridiculous. I thought the spam on the V forum was getting bad lol.

Agreed, there is an easy fix, we just need someone who runs things around here to implement them. Basically just better new member authorization, and review of new member first post.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Of the admins on this forum, only 1 has been online this year (matts) aside from the "Moomba Press" account. The rest of the admins last time they were online was over a year ago and some several years ago. I don't think anyone maintains or actively tries to keep this forum up to date in regards to updates, better security and spam control. I'm not sure what all the Super Moderators can do on the admin control panel side but maybe they can fix this forum? It's a shame nobody really tries to do more for this place. It's like it is stuck back in 2010 vbulletin era.

In the year 2019 we shouldn't be dealing with spam bots getting through. There should also have a much better interactive system in place for Likes, Ratings, etc so that this place feels more modern. I bet people would be more willing to interact then. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and 3rd party hosting to upload images on a forum and use such archaic limitations such as 4 pic limits in 2019. Bandwidth and space is not a concern in this day and age and hosting is nothing for a company like SC. And for the love of god there should not be a damn timer on how long you can edit your freaking post!!!!! Just seems nobody there cares to run the social media aspect unless it's FakeBook, Twitter or InstaLame but I digress.
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-21-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

it's been this way since I joined over 10 years ago. the spam comes and goes.
    admins have been pretty hands-off and get that I'd rather see skiers building boats than moderating a forum hence assigning moderators but of the current list of them:
    mmandly hasn't been on here in 2 months.
    moombadaze hasn't posted in almost a year.
    KG is active
    Doctrs is somewhat active
    boonejeepn is somewhat active
    berg is on here

really need to boot a few of them and find a few more from the active members if nothing is going to change on the first post side. it's a process that should be reviewed every few years as guys move on, buy other brands(ya, shouldn't moderate a moomba forum if you own another brand imo and just get busy with life.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I get it that mods aren’t paid for their time and efforts. 1000% understand that it’s the height of boating season and focus should be on boat time.

I mod on another forum and it’s often a PITA, but doing it helps make a better community experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

the answer to the question is ....YES.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190