Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do we have any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Do we have any volunteers?
    Well, I've been around for years and have certainly contributed a lot to the forum, as well as benefiting by it. I could probably share in some of the workload...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I would be happy to help also. I know I am a relative noob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I'd be happy to help as well. I'm relatively new as well just over a year on here but not new to moderating forums. Moderated the world's largest and most active HID headlight forum for probably over 2 decades. I also ran and moderated several car racing and modding forums. I know it's not boat related but moderating is moderating.

The main thing is not only having active moderators but also so that time zones overlap and there is good coverage throughout the day. That way it's not all falling on the same handful of mods to do the dirty cleanup work. I don't see a lot of bickering on this forum so I think it's a good community that self regulates itself. Mods seem to have the bulk of their work involved in spam cleanup. This can be mitigated by better authentication and perhaps put a limit on how many posts it takes before they can create a thread. Of course bots are smart and will spam post to reach their required post count, so authentication is really your best and first line of defense. It needs to be stronger to help weed out the spam bots IMO. Even if you don't go with 2-factor authentication even adding a few questions to the create account would go a long ways. Could even be as basic as how many vowels are in Moomba, how many letters are there in the parent company that manufacturers Moomba and Supra boats, how many Moomba boat models start with the letter M, etc. The more specific questions they have to answer plus other authenticating can go a long ways to weeding out spam bots. Vbulletin and phpbb forums have always been the hot bed for spam since they are often the oldest forum software still used today.
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

one of the things that I appreciated about this forum over the years I have frequented it was the rules that were in effect when I joined. seen a lot of "looseness" to those over the last couple of years and not saying the forum shouldn't evolve BUT making sure before Rick hands the keys to the kingdom over they discuss on the super secret moderator thread we commoners can't see

I'd love to be a mod and have contributed a lot, both positive and probable more negative to this but moderator duties should be reserved for those that own/rep/shout the skiers brand. I hope to again someday.

the one stat that always amazes me and should skiers ever want space back(ya, I know a terrabyte is dirt cheap now) are that the website has 48,000 members and only a thousand are actually active.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

just thought I'd toss this out there... ed might be available as a mod....

zips up flamesuit and runs away quickly.........
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    one of the things that I appreciated about this forum over the years I have frequented it was the rules that were in effect when I joined. seen a lot of "looseness" to those over the last couple of years and not saying the forum shouldn't evolve BUT making sure before Rick hands the keys to the kingdom over they discuss on the super secret moderator thread we commoners can't see

I'd love to be a mod and have contributed a lot, both positive and probable more negative to this but moderator duties should be reserved for those that own/rep/shout the skiers brand. I hope to again someday.

the one stat that always amazes me and should skiers ever want space back(ya, I know a terrabyte is dirt cheap now) are that the website has 48,000 members and only a thousand are actually active.
    I agree. Having expectations defined would be wise before giving anyone moderator duties. My understanding is that there's a lot of time devoted to chasing and eradicating spam... But how much time and what other duties or expectations exist I don't 100% know...

That said, I have gotten notifications on other forums that have said that because I haven't logged on or posted in ______ months, that my inactive account will soon be deleted. Nothing wrong with that. Not that it really is likely to make any meaningful improvement in our usability.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks for bringing this up to all who posted above. Just wanted to chime in since this has Mod's and Rick's attention: It seemed when I joined just a few year's back that there NO foul language used here. I really appreciated that. I have saw that slowly degrade and hope we can recover some of that.

Thanks, Brandon
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    The discount code is the same as it's been for the past few years. Not sure why that would be a problem. I looked at it last week on Wakemakers and it worked just fine.
    Thanks man! time for some more shopping...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Mods also get to clean up posts to the wrong thread.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold