Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thanks for all the positive input. This is why this forum has been good. just throwing this out there too, i am not really too vocal, but i have been around a while. This one was not really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just thought I'd toss this out there... :
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Mods also get to clean up posts to the wrong thread.
    Lots of things a mod can do. Personally I mod to keep things clean from spam and try to let threads grow organically with minimal intervention.

If the forum owner has rules, enforce them.

We are all adults and should know manners, respect and right from wrong.

Sometimes people swear or get heated, but like most men, it’s over fast and we move on.

The bottom line, mods are not intended to babysit adults, they simply facilitate the forum when issues arise.

It’s not a paid gig, so I respect mods can’t be everywhere all the time. It’s voluntary and I appreciate the mods efforts to date.

The best forum are about sharing a passion, brother/sisterhood, honesty, feedback to a company like SC, a knowledge base, giving the customer a voice.

The more rules, the worse a forum gets in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Lots of things a mod can do...
    I agree with all that, but my post was really meant as a bit of a joke: The irony of costanza's post was perfect in this thread.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I agree with all that, but my post was really meant as a bit of a joke: The irony of costanza's post was perfect in this thread.
    And one of the best things that happens of a forum is sarcasm and humor. Forums should be fun.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

The more rules, the worse a forum gets in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

Well said. 100%

2018 Supra SL400

Modding can be fun and a PITA all at the same time. I enjoy it. I'm lucky to look at the forum for a few minutes once a day most days. What really helps is if members report a post as SPAM. That notifies the moderators that they need to take action and we do as soon as humanly possible. Some members like Zabooda are really good at that.

I can't tell you how many times I've done cleanup work from my phone at an airport, on the beach, at 10pm at night, etc. However during the day if I'm trying to close a deal or answer when the boss calls, you know how that goes.

Moderating isn't just hunting spammers - it's trying to enforce the rules, which are sometimes open to interpretation or may need to be modified. You have to be a brand advocate but diplomatically. No one likes a trash mouth (you know who you are) so there's some moderating there as well. We don't have this kind of problem much anymore but any personal attack or bullying type of comments on another member or anyone else for that matter will get you warned or booted quickly. Yeah, we used to have to deal with that...

If you're not a Skier's Choice owner you're not going to be a moderator. Funny/Impressive how we have so many other brands represented here because it's the best damn forum out there.

We do have some coverage in different time zones, but as RickT said "any volunteers?"
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    If you're not a Skier's Choice owner you're not going to be a moderator.
    ya might want to revisit that statement

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Funny/Impressive how we have so many other brands represented here because it's the best damn forum out there.
    this is the truth. and thank you for keeping this forum that way. know it's a thankless job but it is appreciated.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten