Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey Guys,

I will back that up on frieght and delivery. The dealer probably isn't making any money on those items, they are passing that cost on, just as we do at the factory. I won't go into specifics but our transportation dept. is not a revenue generator., if you catch my drift. Jay Warren Skiers Choice

Yep, learn to sit up wind and you won't be catching anyones' drift

B

anabolicone
    I like the price!

what dealer did you buy from? Have any contact info?

Thanks - Nate

Default 07 LSV

Sounds like you got a good deal. We just got our LSV out the door for 39500. We had two gel coat upgrades (all red) 3 bag ballast, tower speakers, wedge, appearance package, board racks, and cockpit cover. The dealer also gave us 1000 bucks more than we expected for our trade. Wish we would of had all of the service added in. That is awsome!

Default Re: 07 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by gt9118
    Sounds like you got a good deal. We just got our LSV out the door for 39500. We had two gel coat upgrades (all red) 3 bag ballast, tower speakers, wedge, appearance package, board racks, and cockpit cover. The dealer also gave us 1000 bucks more than we expected for our trade. Wish we would of had all of the service added in. That is awsome!
    gt, what is this "wedge" you speak of.

do you mean wakeplate....

ps, sounds like you got a good deal also. trust me i went to our local boat show, (sorry no skier's choice products) but looked at all the others and there was NOTHING in the price range that sc offers.

db

Hi, I went to my dealer to look at the LSV. I had planned in my head that the dealer incentives would be available. When I discussed this with my dealer they informed that the dealer incentives were only good for boats bought at the boat show

Is this correct?

where are you at? when I bought my boat last year my dealer gave me boat show pricing ect. but that was last year, you could call another dealer to see what they say.

It's the dealer in Atlanta. It looks like they are essentially giving me enough off the boat that its about the same as giving me the incentives.

I actually tried to talk to a dealer down in Florida about a few of his boats the he was advertising as having boat show prices. He said he couldnt sell to me and that I would have to see the dealer in area. It must be some sort of agreement that the dealers have.

Yes, for the most part the dealer network is exclusive. They only sell to the counties they cover. They are also paid by Skier's Choice for 1/2 the incentives, so when they are told it is over, it is over. Normally, the incentives are for the winter months - Dec-Feb when boat shows are trying to get people to start thinking about buying a boat and are willing to lower the price. During the busy season (April - August) they are getting orders and do not need the incentive - it's warm and everyone wants to buy a boat.

There are a few dealers who watch this and so does SC so they can correct me if I got it wrong, but this is my understanding.

-Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Groundpounder03
    It's the dealer in Atlanta. It looks like they are essentially giving me enough off the boat that its about the same as giving me the incentives.

I actually tried to talk to a dealer down in Florida about a few of his boats the he was advertising as having boat show prices. He said he couldnt sell to me and that I would have to see the dealer in area. It must be some sort of agreement that the dealers have.
    We ran into this as well.
    My 06 Outback is up at Atlanta Marine at the moment for some last minute end of warranty work.

I did not get show incentives, but got such a good deal on the boat that it really didn't matter.

Kurt and Lisa do a great job of taking care of their customers.

When you need service, Troy and Brian are great. I had an odd bad thermostat that reared its head during break-in while the craft was on a lake in FL. Troy walked me through trouble shooting and ripping the fresh water manifold apart to get it out over the phone.

When I took mine up for the first oil change and checkup, I had a short list of warranty items. Troy found small bumps in the gel coat that I hadn't seen and put them all on the list.

Their fiberglass guy is amazing.

My biggest problem is, its a 3 hour round trip to drop the boat off up there (I'm in Fayette) so I do a lot of the work myself.

I shopped the Mastercraft, Malibu, Gekko and Centurion dealers, and I must not have driven up in the right class of vehicle cuzz I felt like an outcast.

Also, I dont know if my sales rep is still around (Jeremy) but I met Michael LaCagnina at the show, and he offered me a great price for mine on trade in. I didn't have the cash to make the deal at the time. But they really do care about their customers.