Default 2019 Moomba Max-how can I get a steeper wave

So I bought a 2019 moomba max with 3000lb standard ballast with flow system 2.0 and autowake technology. I am ha big a tough time making a wave that can make a great pull. Every time I use autowake I feel like the wave gets flatter and no pull whatsoever. Have the ballast 100 percent, we surf left so normal. What should my settings be on for the wake plates as well as autowake what should I set my roll and pitch to?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Yd...DsWrAYBr9/view

that is a list to the auto wake tips

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=autowake

And that is one very long thread with lots of good info in it coming from a company insider and moomba guru "Goose"
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by nfelus17 View Post
    So I bought a 2019 moomba max with 3000lb standard ballast with flow system 2.0 and autowake technology. I am ha big a tough time making a wave that can make a great pull. Every time I use autowake I feel like the wave gets flatter and no pull whatsoever. Have the ballast 100 percent, we surf left so normal. What should my settings be on for the wake plates as well as autowake what should I set my roll and pitch to?
    I have the same issue, and I am on the same Journey. Big wave= Displacement. In cause you missed it. DISPLACEMENT. You need more ballast. Wake Makers has a kit for the Max, but in my opinion you should consider buying new rear bags, and then use your rear bags in the midship lockers. I am not qualified to speak on AW , but the default settings are there for a reason, and unless you are smarter than Matt Brown, adjust very lightly.

What is your Typical Crew size? Pay attention to see if AW is draining a lot of ballast ( on default settings ) if it dumps a lot try to put more crew and gear weight on that side so you maintain the correct roll/pitch axis without losing your ballast (which equals wave height.)

Try slowing the boat 9.6mph (ish), and try 0 wake plate. Remember, when those plates are down, they are creating lift which reduces draft/weight of boat.

Remember this, your boat is fully capable of throwing a savage wave, I have seen it on mine. my struggle is consistency and this is a work in progress for me as well. I by no means have my wave even close to dialed yet, but will be working on it. I need some more testing to determine what other ballast I should get before just buying some bags aimlessly.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by nfelus17 View Post
    I have the same issue, and I am on the same Journey. Big wave= Displacement. In cause you missed it. DISPLACEMENT. You need more ballast. Wake Makers has a kit for the Max, but in my opinion you should consider buying new rear bags, and then use your rear bags in the midship lockers. I am not qualified to speak on AW , but the default settings are there for a reason, and unless you are smarter than Matt Brown, adjust very lightly.

What is your Typical Crew size? Pay attention to see if AW is draining a lot of ballast ( on default settings ) if it dumps a lot try to put more crew and gear weight on that side so you maintain the correct roll/pitch access without losing your ballast (which equals wave height.)

Try slowing the boat 9.6mph (ish), and try 0 wake plate. Remember, when those plates are down, they are creating lift which reduces draft/weight of boat.

Remember this, your boat is fully capable of throwing a savage wave, I have seen it on mine. my struggle is consistency and this is a work in progress for me as well. I by no means have my wave even close to dialed yet, but will be working on it. I need some more testing to determine what other ballast I should get before just buying some bags aimlessly.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Default 2019 Moomba Max-how can I get a steeper wave

Get some lead and put it in the rear lockers. That'll help.

Also cycle the surf-side ballast a few times. The 2019 sensors seem touchy and I need to cycling my pump a few times to get the bag full to where waters overflowing out the side.

Even more importantly, what is your surf tab setting? Mine defaulted to like twice what it should've been...and creates lift at that point which virtually negates a lot of the ballast weight. Dialing that tab back has made an INSANE difference in wave size and push.

For regular I'm:
    11.1 mph
    0-15 on the wakeplate
    surf plate at 35-40
    port ballast: 100
    bow ballast: 90
    starboard ballast 80-90

Water depth is about 14' here

Water depth is about 30' here

Last edited by Matt0520; 07-19-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz