Default New Riders going to center of the wake.w

Having an issue with a couple of new riders going to center of the wake. In fact, going over the opposite side (and we all know how that ends up.) For the life of me, I cant figure out how they manage to do it. I am trying to determine if they are using too much heel pressure on the back foot or what?
    one rider is Reg, the other is goofy. The goofy rider can get up, if I throw him back over to his side with a hard turn. Once he falls, it's the same thing, he shoots back over the wrong side.

Ideas?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Having an issue with a couple of new riders going to center of the wake. In fact, going over the opposite side (and we all know how that ends up.) For the life of me, I cant figure out how they manage to do it. I am trying to determine if they are using too much heel pressure on the back foot or what?
    one rider is Reg, the other is goofy. The goofy rider can get up, if I throw him back over to his side with a hard turn. Once he falls, it's the same thing, he shoots back over the wrong side.

Ideas?
    It might be a pain when switching riders that ride opposite sides but I tie my rope offset if the rider is falling into the prop wash.

I snake the rope around the tower then loop over the pylon.

The new towers now have side pylons for that exact reason.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Are your riders getting caught in the rooster tail?

How short is the rope? I have never had a complaint from a rider, I typically try to put rider on their heel side and start them outside the wake at maybe 30 degree angle to boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Are your riders getting caught in the rooster tail?

How short is the rope? I have never had a complaint from a rider, I typically try to put rider on their heel side and start them outside the wake at maybe 30 degree angle to boat

I keep the rope long for new riders so that I can see them and get coordinated. This happens with short or long rope. They are just "cutting" over the opposite side.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I keep the rope long for new riders so that I can see them and get coordinated. This happens with short or long rope. They are just "cutting" over the opposite side.
    Gotcha, you are just trying to keep them outside the wake on their heel side.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

stay crouched a little longer (don't stand up right away) with weight on heel side to push you out to the side... If they stand up quick, they are likely leaning on their toes... lift toes up when starting and stay a little lower to drive you out to the side..
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ until they get the feel of edging out while keeping their knees bent it requires the almost perfect pull up by the driver to not get them hung up in the middle.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

As a driver, make sure they are offset enough even more than 30 degrees to the side they surf. You as a driver can also turn into the side they are trying to get up on. Slightly turn the boat toward the surf side so they don't cross over as easy.
    2019 Mondo

I also find that pulling newer riders up slower helps. If you pull them up quick, they tend to stand up to quick and they sling shot right across the wake.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold