Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This fixed my issue, once warmed up the temp gauge stays steady at 160 now as it should.

Mine started with a thermostat that was stuck open.The boat ran about 130 degrees all the time.Replaced it with a new stat and now it fluctuates.I will check the trans cooler again.
    jy

What I did was remove the hose that comes from the raw water entry point under the boat. There is a metal screen about an inch or so inside the transmission cooler, I was able to reach in with a finger and scrape everything out. Hope that helps.

Yes,I know the drill.I usually pull that hose every year when I winterize.I haven,t done it in a few years because we have only put a few hours on the boat.Grandkids are getting older now and are starting to use the boat more.Also that hose sucks to get off!
    jy

I hear ya. I am at the opposite perspective, with 4 kids under 12 decided we were overdue for a boat. I got what I thought was a good deal but am quickly learning that maintenance is more than just changing fluids every year and that the boat wasn't as well cared for as I was led to believe. I bought the boat in May and have already replaced all fluids, spark plugs/caps, thermostat, impeller, steering cable, blower fan, bilge pump, and greased the rudder. Still trying to figure out how water is still getting into the bilge, a couple gauges that don't light up at night, and need to add a water strainer after this incident. Oh well, the kids don't care and have enjoyed the almost 40hrs we've already put on it this summer!

Check your prop shaft thru-hull seal. Mine was leaking until this year when I changed it.

Only other water would come from ballast bags leaking or kids in and out jumping off the back.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Forgot I also repacked the shaft packing nut. Pretty sure my leak is from both mufflers. Since I am not sure their condition (I’ve heard they can be brittle?) I am going to wait until the end of the season before I pull them out and see if I can patch them.

I bought my 2003 Outback LS brand new so I know its been treated well. When I first bought it both mufflers were cracked from someone over tightening the clamps on the inlet side of the mufflers. They were replaced under warranty.
    jy