Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    235

    Default Is this excessive amount of water



    So I noticed yesterday every time I surfed my bilge pump would come on after I can to a stop it stop I’d go again stop it come back. Just running across the lake with the cover off I couldn’t see anything leaking. What would you guys suggest take the gas tank cover off and run it on the lake see if I can see anything or is this normal? Thanks for the input


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    I would take the center and rear drain plugs out when you get it on the trailer and get it as dry as possible. Then get it back on the lake and take the drive cover off and fill the front ballast and see if you can see where the water starts to leak from.

    Let us know what you find.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I've had that amount in my bilge before, July 4th. I found the J hose to be leaking. As long as I didn't go over 5 mph the pump would keep up. Otherwise, it would start to fill the bildge. We have the same boat, so I would check the J hose, it's connected to the Sea Water Pump on the back of the engine. It's a bitch to get out. The constant vibration rubbed a hole in mine and it finally just burst. This is a bad design by Indmar.
    Last edited by SorryCharlie; 07-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Live: OP, KS...Boat: Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Could be your shaft seal leaking when you’re running at high rpm. Have someone drive at +3000 rpm while you watch the shaft turn at the thru Hull.
    2013 Mojo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I watched the drip seal as we ran across the lake couldn’t see much. Also checked the j hose coming off the water pump. Going to remove the floor next and run it on the water see if I can see anything just sucks got my lake Travis trip next week so hopefully it’s nothing major


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    I watched the drip seal as we ran across the lake couldn’t see much. Also checked the j hose coming off the water pump. Going to remove the floor next and run it on the water see if I can see anything just sucks got my lake Travis trip next week so hopefully it’s nothing major


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get that ride fixed ASAP, we need some Lake Travis pics.....the visibility there is phenomenal!!

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Get that ride fixed ASAP, we need some Lake Travis pics.....the visibility there is phenomenal!!

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    No doubt. My wife wants to do some lessons with Ashley Kidd (centurion pro rider) while we are down there as well I’ll post some good pics


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post


    So I noticed yesterday every time I surfed my bilge pump would come on after I can to a stop it stop I’d go again stop it come back. Just running across the lake with the cover off I couldn’t see anything leaking. What would you guys suggest take the gas tank cover off and run it on the lake see if I can see anything or is this normal? Thanks for the input


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, you were surfing, came to a stop, and then the bilge pump kicked on?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    No doubt. My wife wants to do some lessons with Ashley Kidd (centurion pro rider) while we are down there as well I’ll post some good pics


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's badass, I follow Ashley on IG....she's got mad skills (and a black & hot pink centurion)

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    So, you were surfing, came to a stop, and then the bilge pump kicked on?
    In a nutshell yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •